New to MyFitnessPal

Options
tlblood
tlblood Posts: 473 Member
Hi,
My name is Tammie and I am 29 years old. I just got married in June. I have tried other weight loss programs and have had success (went from 231 to 175), but after meeting my now husband and just getting tired of trying so hard, I've gained quite a lot back. I found this on the iPhone app store and want to give it a try. I love how much the food database has stored; far better than some similar sites/apps I found. I'm hoping that counting calories will be the novelty to kick my butt in gear. Some of the other programs I've done in the past just aren't doing it for me anymore.

Best of luck to everyone!

Tammie

Replies

• MrsThorz
    Options
    Hey Tammie. I just joined today too. I'm in the process of updating my profile. I need to lose some serious pounds here. My short term goal is 30 pounds by June 1st. That's a pound and a half a week until then. Seems reasonable to me. I love the calorie counter on here, and I too found it on the iPhone ap store. Best wishes to you too!!!

Tracey
  • smboyle
    smboyle Posts: 14
    Options
    Congrats on getting married! You sound like most of us Ive talked to on this website, we've all gone through the weight loss and weight gain before. So best of luck with this, I'm fairly new to this website as well but seems like a great one. So if you need any support just let me know!
  • zickbow
    Options
    I am 40 and just had twins who are now a year old. I have gained so much weight this year and have never felt worse about myself. Now is the time to get back to my old self and start feeling good again.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy, and welcome to the community. I found this sight by word of mouth through food lovers, i still go to that sight also. I think recording what we eat helps alot. Good Luck to you and you can do this, your here :smile:
  • darleneblood
    darleneblood Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello daughter in law-we will do it together and then post the pictures from our cruise in July!!!!
  • galynn3b3
    Options
    I am 45 years old and not getting any younger! This coming summer my husband and i will celebrate our 25th Wedding anniversary and it is my goal to look healthy and be about 35 - 40 pounds lighter. I have always had a Peak and Valley type of weight loss past. Exercise and Calorie counting has always worked best for me.

I love this website! I've never used anything like it before.....I can do this, I know I can.
  • galynn3b3
    Options
    Hi sissy, you can do this! I know you can. You've done it before and I have all the confidence in you that you can do it again.
    Start each day with prayer, it's the best exercise!!! Love you!