Replies

• Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yes please.
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred! I lost over 3 inches from my ribcage measurement in a month, taking my back measurement from 33" to 29 3/4"! I hadn't realised I had over 3 inches of back fat to lose!
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    BUMP.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem - not what you want to hear but lose fat all over and it will go down - you cant spot reduce unfotunately. x
  • ZoeyRobinson
    Options
    Butt Bible!!! I cannot recommend it enough.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What it reallu comes down to is, a calorie deficit and overall body fat reduction. Weight training (especially heavy weight training) can speed up the process. Cardio is not as effective as weight training.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Go to this youtube video..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7H4A2-UTZM&feature=player_detailpage

then also do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DYF0sLpFbQ&feature=player_detailpage

Trust me.... you wont worry about back fat after these ones. Don't look hard, but they are intense
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options
    Thanks everyone x
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    look at the machines at the gym, and use any/all of them that show they work the back. I lost obscene amounts of back fat that way! 3-4 times a week I do lat pull downs, back rows, back extensions, etc

When I started working out in February, I had ROLLS of fat on my back--it looked like I had a set of saggy boobs back there. Last month I was looking through my phone and I found a picture taken in October before I got my hair cut, and I realized I was wearing the same outfit, so I had hubby take a picture...the difference was mind boggling. Go to my profile and look at my pics--the ones in a black/white shirt...
  • sheripoynter
    Options
    bump
  • Mizzy91
    Options
    Yes I can definitely see the difference. I'm not a gym fan to be honest, I get bored, but walk, swim and dvds. Thanks for your advice. x:bigsmile:
  • Mizzy91
    Options
    Thank you xxxx
  • HulkDiesel77
    HulkDiesel77 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Row you *kitten* off lol...........Rowing will help your lower back, shoulders, and under your arms (you know right under your arm pit that everyone seems to have trouble with), and it will tone your arms as well :)
    Any tips on how to get rid of back fat?
  • Mizzy91
    Options
    Row you *kitten* off lol...........Rowing will help your lower back, shoulders, and under your arms (you know right under your arm pit that everyone seems to have trouble with), and it will tone your arms as well :)
    Any tips on how to get rid of back fat?

Thanks x
  • Mizzy91
    Options
    Go to this youtube video..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7H4A2-UTZM&feature=player_detailpage

then also do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DYF0sLpFbQ&feature=player_detailpage

Trust me.... you wont worry about back fat after these ones. Don't look hard, but they are intense

Ive not looked at the second one yet, but the first one is real good, thank you x
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    unfortunately there is no way to reduce fat from any particular area. keep eating at a calorie deficit, do cardio and strength training, and you'll see the fat disappear from every place.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You must be an "apple" shape. This is a common problems for us. I copied the youtube information to look up later.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Yes I can definitely see the difference. I'm not a gym fan to be honest, I get bored, but walk, swim and dvds. Thanks for your advice. x:bigsmile:

I go in and do up to an hour on the treadmill, then go do the weight machines. I mix it up so I don't get bored or over work any specific muscles. Periodically I add new exercises--yesterday it was the assisted pull-up. Hopefully after my 3 kids are settled back to school, I can find the money to hire a personal trainer to help me out of my comfort zone, and maybe start doing free weights!
  • Mizzy91
    Options
    You must be an "apple" shape. This is a common problems for us. I copied the youtube information to look up later.

Hi, Yep I'm very much an apple shape, heavy up top x
  • trina433
    trina433 Posts: 96
    Options
    30 DAY SHRED BABY!!! YOU WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE I PROMISE YOU!!