And I binged.

Options
Wow. What a crazy week. I can feel myself falling off of the wagon, and I am struggling to get back on it again. Every day this week I have been over my calories and the guilt is building up. Tonight I just ate...and ate and ate more after eating. Pizza and cake. Probably tomorrows calories worth as well. I am almost at a point where its like "yeah its going to happen so whatever"...but then Its like I'm not taking this seriously anymore. Like i need to "punish" myself to learn my lesson? If that makes sense...like "just moving on and start again tomorrow" doesn't reflect the seriousness of this.

Im considering how I get back on track again, and take this as seriously as I did day one. I do want to lose weight - but sometimes I look at my "before" pictures and think...I wasn't THAT bad, thought I know it will only get worse if i don't do anything!

Im just ranting really, I will be pulling on my journal tonight and continue writing to myself in private, but I just thought I should share/hold myself accountable to MFPs.

Thanks.

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! Do hold yourself accountable, but there is no need to feel guilty enough to quit.
    Put yourself back on the right slope.

Where do you want to be realistically in 2-3 months, keep that in mind.
  • Docholiday11x
    Options
    It happens to the best of us. I did the same exact thing today. But tomorrow is another day and an opportunity to get back on track
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    wow... i could have written this myself all last week... I have a horrible habit of binging a meal then blowing the rest of the day because of my "well. I already screwed it up so I might as well have that cake." then i screw up the rest of the day. Then i screw up the week... we need to learn to approach it in smaller increments. Maybe a meal at a time. I wish i had better advice. If you come up with any let me know! Chin up and remember falling off the wagon doesn't mean we can't get back on it.
  • Serenity_
    Options
    You could try resetting your ticker. Seeing 0 pounds lost can be a serious motivation. Mine says I've lost 3 pounds when in reality I've lost 26.
  • laurie571
    laurie571 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    thats a good idea
  • thebalanceline
    thebalanceline Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I recognize this way of thinking... STOP NOW! It will not make anything better for you. You get back on track by saying, "As of NOW, I am going to make healthy choices." That is all you can do. Punishing yourself is a terrible way to push yourself over the edge and make this even worse; it is an UNhealthy impulse that devalues your self worth and only leads to future binges, more mistakes, more guilt. Take a look in the mirror, say something nice about yourself, and commit to healthy habits from here on out. Weight loss is a long-term effort full of trial and error. Take a deep breathe and try again.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I log my days food (except snacks) when I get up, then I plan that out, if I have calories left over I ALWAYS log before I eat, it's stopped me so many times
  • jenbehe
    jenbehe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Everyone has those days, weeks, and sometimes even months! You just need to sit down and think about how everyday is a new day! Try and think about how great you'll feel when you you're healthier (and possibly even happier). Just take a deep breath and forgive yourself.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Personally, I hate when people say "tomorrow is another day." That is just an excuse to eat yourself into oblivion because every day you will say that same thing. It will become a neverending cycle of which you need to end RIGHT NOW.

People need to be more strict with themselves and it's great you're realising your problems. My advice. Just stop eating *kitten*. Throw it all away and don't buy it again. If you're tempted, just think of this neverending cycle. Do you really wanna be in that place? I don't think so. Time to change.