Had a Donut...

Options
:| I felt so grossed out after it. It felt so weird inside my mouth and everything.

I had to babysit my niece and nephew and I had forgotten to take food for myself to the place. She didn't have that many options in the fridge.

I recently became a Pescatarian (sp?) and what my cousin had in her fridge was full of meat and some weird vegetables that I'm not used to yet.

So from her house, I tried to keep my 1200 calorie thing, too. I went over by 200 today. I ate cereal, croissant, doughnut, few bites of chips. Usually I know how to get full in a 400 or less calorie meal... but I was hungry the whole day. I called my sister to give me food..

I am wondering, in situations like these... what type of foods can someone eat or should starvation be ok for one day... When I went home, I wanted to eat a meal. Not a snack. I was still very hungry and didn't want to go over 1400 calories.

Had a bad day with food today. :/

Replies

• Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Could you not investigate the 'weird vegetables' and cook something, rather than having pre-prepared food? What were they?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Don't kick yourself. Sometimes stuff happens. Just forget about it and move on. Next time bring some healthy snacks with you.
  • jujewelss
    Options
    I actually assumed they were vegetables because they were in a strange purple color. Half of it was already opened and it had no seeds. I have no idea what it was. I can't cook something that I don't know the name off to give me an idea on how to cook it.

There were some other vegetables in some bags and some other ingredients that I did not touch because it looks like my cousin is going to make Pastelitos (Salvadoran Dish). They were all together. It was separated so it gave the feeling of "do not touch this."
  • jujewelss
    Options
    I have my 3 meals and 2 snacks planned out everyday before I go to bed. Today, I was in a hurry to get out that I forgot the food.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Everyone has off-days, don't sweat about it too much.

So you had one bad day; big deal. There are still 6 more days in the week to make up for it. :wink:
  • jujewelss
    Options
    True.. but if I have that in mind, I'll probably quit lol But yeah, 6 days to make up for it makes it look insignificant.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I had chips today.. and some chocolate... and shock horror some more chips. Who cares? Its your body, dont feel bad about eating something thats "bad". Also 1400 calories? I have that for breakfast. Dont sweat going over!

I babysit all the time for my sister, I made sure to prepack foods.
  • jujewelss
    Options
    haha. Thanks :) I had food packed the night before but my mind isn't fully awake at 6:30am and I overslept. But this time I packed food that doesn't need to be in the fridge and placed it on the door knob.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I couldn't cope on th 1200 cal thing for long so upped my cals to 1400, I often go over (especially on a weekend) but still lose, I usually don't worry too much as long as I get under my TDEE (mine is about 1750) which is what your body needs to stay the same weight. As long as your consistently under your TDEE you'll lose so I wouldn't worry about the odd slip up :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I had 4600 cals the other day. A few days later of eating higher then 1700 cals and I'm still the bottom of the bmi scale :)

You should have given me the donut, I could have put it to good use and enjoyed it.

How long do you think I should have starved myself for since after a few days the weight was gone?
  • jujewelss
    Options
    What's TDEE?
  • jujewelss
    Options
    I used to be in an 1800 calorie diet before starting to lose weight. I weigh 170lbs. My weight is mostly from a lot of stress... so I'm not really starving myself. I just reduced some bad habbits.

And I should have given it to you. Congrats on losing the weight :D
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure, you can find many calculators online to work out how many calories you need to maintain your current weight if you never did any exercise, as long as you mostly stay under you'll lose weight :) BMR is Base Metabolic Rate (what your body needs to maintain your weight if you were unconscious ie in a coma), alot of people advise to try and not go under this as this is what your body uses for organ function (making your heart beat etc) many would say the healthiest way to lose weight is to eat between these 2 figures. Any exercise you do (if you choose your lifestyle as sedentary) will credit you extra calories, so if I do 600 cal workout and my BMR is 1390 and my TDEE is 1750 and eat 2000 cals I'll have netted 1400 cals and still be within my weight loss threshhold, I usually average out my net throughout the week as I eat more on weekends but eat less and workout during the week :) But that's just my way. x
  • chezileigh
    chezileigh Posts: 255
    Options
    as long as you didn't go over your maintenance calories you've actually not lost anything at all, if you did, eat less for the rest of the week or workout more to make up for it.

Don't sweat 1 bad day too much.

Are we seriously saying none of us are going to eat a donut ever again? That's silly, it's more a case of we're not going to eat them every day and when we do we will offset it somehow, so just do that :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    What's TDEE?

Usually based on this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harris-Benedict_equation

It's the estimated number that you need to maintain weight.

It's based on this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_metabolic_rate

Which is what a regular persons body uses uses unconscious.

There's a number below BMR that will eventually have you gaining weight again (see threads around forum).
    There's a number above TDEE that you will gain.

Eat between these numbers to lose weight.
  • Pantera69
    Pantera69 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    At least a donut is more healthy than bacon :o I eat way worse. I can eat 20 slices of pizza in one sit :noway:
  • AndiJ2011
    AndiJ2011 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am jealous. I have not had a donut in a couple months. Nobody has brought any to the office and we don't buy them at home. I eat them real nice and slow... Getting one is far and few between. My vice is long john chocolate. yum!