Lost 5 Pounds in 6 days?

Options
I started at 207, I have been weighing my self for the past four days and I have lost 5 pounds. . .at first I thought weight fluxs so I should keep checking. First I weighed myself around midnight at 205 then the next morning I weighed myself again at 204, then yesterday I weighed at 203 and I just checked a couple minutes ago and weighed at 202.

Is this normal? I just started working out 6 days ago. Running almost everyday. Only not on two of those days. Then I have been under my calorie goal every one of those days. Not starving myself btw. I have been eating a lot of fruits. So. . .I wasn't sure if this was okay, or maybe I was dropping water weight?

any ideas?

Replies

• martinking1983
    Options
    First thing I would say is make sure you check yourself at the same time of day as weight really does fluctuate after/before meals and throughout the day. I always make sure I am wearing the same things and at the same times of day.

And if I were you don't try and weigh yourself daily, give it a week or two for impact!

Cheers
  • Prince_Syu
    Prince_Syu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing about the same thing. Also I've been weighing myself at the same time except for that one time in the morning. Otherwise it has all been around midnight. So. . .yup! I'll check again in a weeks time. Thanks!
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the am, right after i use the bathroom, and i weigh in my sleeping shorts and a sports bra. I seem to get consistent results if I weigh at the same time and clothing each time :)
  • smithy85
    smithy85 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It is generally normally to drop a lot of weight in the beggining and possibly some water weight.

BUT - remember to weigh at the same time every day, make sure you do it first thing in the morning before you eat or drink on an empty stomach and either wear the same thing or dont wear antyhing that way you dont have to allow for clothes.

x
  • Prince_Syu
    Prince_Syu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Okay! thats the plan! Next Monday I will start weighing myself when I wake up! <3 thank you everyone!
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and in the morning, in just my underwear. If you're going to WI daily that's the best time of day to do it.
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I lost like 10lbs my first week. It'll balance out eventually, unfortunately!
  • Stuz359
    Stuz359 Posts: 81
    Options
    Anyone I have ever known has seen a fairly big drop in the first week, you always lose a lot of water weight. What people forget is that after that, the weight loss will slow down or even stop in the second week, which is where people get discouraged. Don't fall into that trap and keep going.
  • Warley_x
    Warley_x Posts: 62
    Options
    Never weigh at night. You need to weigh once your body has settled and relaxed so first thing in the morning when you get up. Go to the toilet and then weigh yourself. Make sure you wear the same thing each weigh in.