How much of a loss do YOU see? Take 2 ;)

Options
I ran into all sorts of photo issues with my original post so here it is again and working right...I hope!

I reached my initial goal of 150lbs...I am 5'8. Now I am thinking of trying for 140. Not convinced I see a huge difference though...thoughts? I started at 190 for those interested and am now 149-151 depending on the day. I think my fear is even if I get down to 110lbs I would still see myself as fat and huge. I know it is a mental thing but sometimes someone outside looking in can give you perspective. So...give me your thoughts on my progress so far and your opinions on what my future goals should be. I've never posted pics before so a bit nervous!

WqhI2l.jpg

OBkNll.jpg

QoSyAl.jpg

UqXSfl.jpg

Replies

• RenaHope
    RenaHope Posts: 80
    Options
    I can absolutely see a difference. Your stomach is a lot slimmer now than it was in your before picture, as well as your thighs. May I ask which exercises you did to get to this point? I think you look awesome!

*Edited to also congratulate you on your arms. Your arms look great. You just look great all around haha, good job :)
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    oh wow there's a significant difference in the side view, so flat!! great job!!! as for changing your goal weight its up to you. your bmi is super healthy and you look great IMO. i'm 5'6 and my goal is about 135-145 so it seems about right. congrats! you could always calculate your body fat too and work on replacing fat with lean muscle to improve appearance but maintain the weight, just a thought if you feel like you're not quite "there" yet.
  • serenetranquility
    serenetranquility Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You know I've done a whole mix of stuff to be honest. I really got serious in February. I walk a lot...usually 3-5 miles at a time. I do The Bar Method DVD which I LOVE, I do 30DS, though I have to be honest and admit I've never done level 3. I do level 2 all the time for fun. I do some heavy lifting too following the NROLFW but again, have to admit I haven't done the whole program by any means and it's gotten put on the back burner for the last couple months just because it's summer and the kids are out of school so I haven't focused on it. I just try to eat healthy, exercise regularly and sleep well.
  • serenetranquility
    Options
    My body fat is right at 29% right now. I would like to have it around 20% but I'm still nursing too so don't want to totally kill my supply. I think I'm more focused now on lowering the bf % and how things fit rather than the number on the scale but I still feel gigantic. Like I said, maybe it's in my head I just wish I could feel like I looked better. You girls really think there is a difference?
    oh wow there's a significant difference in the side view, so flat!! great job!!! as for changing your goal weight its up to you. your bmi is super healthy and you look great IMO. i'm 5'6 and my goal is about 135-145 so it seems about right. congrats! you could always calculate your body fat too and work on replacing fat with lean muscle to improve appearance but maintain the weight, just a thought if you feel like you're not quite "there" yet.
  • xlntrose
    xlntrose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    congratulations on the results of all your hard work and dedication! You seem to have identified a pretty crucial concept for yourself - that possibility of still seeing yourself as fat if you weighed 110. The idea that comes to my mind is that maybe you could start to focus on fitness instead of weight loss per se: For example, it looks like you have the perfect body for abwork and that a six-pack is just waiting to be coaxed into existence! Maybe you could consider this. Many years ago, focused physical activity was my route to working through the issues of negative self-concept and I enhanced my fitness level which, in turn, lead me to what, in my opinion, was my perfect weight. Keep up the great work!
  • serenetranquility
    Options
    Thanks! That means a lot :)
    I can absolutely see a difference. Your stomach is a lot slimmer now than it was in your before picture, as well as your thighs. May I ask which exercises you did to get to this point? I think you look awesome!

*Edited to also congratulate you on your arms. Your arms look great. You just look great all around haha, good job :)
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    There definitely is a difference. I'm about the same height as you so I hope I can pull off 150 lbs. My goal right now is 160 but I'm also starting a lot higher since I'm over 300 right now. I hope that I can see myself as being a thinner person when I start losing weight but I haven't really lost more than 50 lbs before and I gained it back and more. I think you look great and you look healthy. I would work on toning and reducing bf %. Congrats on losing the weight and becoming healthier.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Of course I can see a difference - whole chunks of you disappeared around your belly, arms, hips, and thighs! Great Job!

Slightly off topic - But I think I have those same underwear. LOL.
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You look terrific, and as everyone else has said, I can also see a great change in you. If you feel like you want to continue your journey to achieve what you have in mind, by all means keep with it, but know that we think you look tremendous. I'm working like a maniac to look that good one day!
  • carachel2
    Options
    I can see a difference. Like a lot of people on here, to *look* your weight, you may have to consider surgery just to get rid of the extra skin. I think that is one of the problems for people who lose a lot of weigh and have a hard time seeing themselves at their new weight....it is difficult with the extra stretched out skin still there.
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I can see a huge change! Congratulations!
  • Tlopez428
    Tlopez428 Posts: 115
    Options
    Your overall body looks smaller. You legs and thighs are smaller. Your stomach is flatter. Your waste looks more narrow! Great job!
  • xlntrose
    xlntrose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I wrote, I was responding to your initial post.. now, I read that you've had a baby, too! Congratulations.. I think you look fantastic and hope that you are able to feel proud of all your accomplishments.. :)
  • ChangeYourPace
    ChangeYourPace Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I see a significant difference! Congratulations on your accomplishment and your new baby!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    You need to put the pics side by side and just look at the difference. Well done.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! If that is the same underwear in both pics, just look at the difference in how they fit. In the first pic they are stretched and you can't tell it's a lace waistband, you can def tell in the last one. Well done and congrats!
  • winnsboy
    winnsboy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, you can definitely see a difference. Great job!
  • MomTo5Wow
    Options
    You look awesome! If that is the same underwear in both pics, just look at the difference in how they fit. In the first pic they are stretched and you can't tell it's a lace waistband, you can def tell in the last one. Well done and congrats!

THIS
  • serenetranquility
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I actually have 3 kids....I am speechless with all of the kind remarks. I'm going to keep working at it but it is nice to know others DO see a difference.
    When I wrote, I was responding to your initial post.. now, I read that you've had a baby, too! Congratulations.. I think you look fantastic and hope that you are able to feel proud of all your accomplishments.. :)
  • serenetranquility
    Options

I have noticed this...actually the biggest thing I have noticed. Funny thing is I don't actually wear these underwear, haha. I use them for measuring progress (or trying to) because I still really don't like the way they fit. I want them to fit so there is no overlapping skin and the lace sits flat even when I move about.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!