More than just a few lbs.......??

Options
So far I've just seen people saying they are looking to lose small amounts of weight e.g. 15 - 30lbs etc.

I'm looking to lose 85lbs.. even more if i can manage it... Am I on my own??

xx

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    You definitely aren't on your own. I'm one of the ones looking to lose a few pounds, but I am friends with people on here looking to lose more. You will see boards with people like this, or go to the Introduction boards and introduce yourself looking for friends with similar goals as you.

Don't get discouraged!
  • winnsboy
    winnsboy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No way are you on your own. I see many people witth goals of 85+. Many with a 100+. I myself have a goal off close to 90 lbs. Keep looking and you will find them.
  • TaniaW74
    TaniaW74 Posts: 27
    Options
    I started off with just over 100lbs to lose and have done ok as I'm down to 63lbs to go. Feel free to add me if you'd like some support. :drinker:
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I had about 70lbs and am roughly half way there. It can be done though. My husband has lost over 120lbs! Yeah it has taken about 4 years but it is gone! You can do it x
  • kellyr0219
    Options
    My goal is to lose 30, but my husband is trying to lose 100lbs, he's down 58 now! It can be done, stay motivated!
  • IdunAbelone
    Options
    If you go to Community --> Find Members
    You can search for members' weight-loss goals.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Alone? No way. Lots of us on here either started out with that much to lose, or still have at least as far to go.
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    77lbs was my original goal. Slowly getting there :wink:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    SW: 297lbs
    CW: 250lbs
    GW:135-140lbs

Original Goal: To lose 160+lbs
    Progress: I've lost approx. 50lbs so far
    To Go: Still have 110lbs to lose
  • Everythin2Lose
    Options
    Just began a month ago and right now I'm sitting here hoping to lose 32kgs (70 pounds), you are not alone! Feel free to add me if you want to be in each others lonnnnngggggggggg journey!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Nope. I've got 110# more to get down to a weight when doctors will stop pestering me about being fat.
  • LizAWDavis
    Options
    No way - so far i've lost 34lbs (since Nov 2011) I want to lose another 19lbs to get me to a healthy BMI, so want to lose 53lbs in total. BUT once i'm at a healhty BMI would like to lose a further 7lbs. Put it into chunks that helps me. I give myself a mini treat (non food!) each stone (14lbs) or half stone (7lbs) Maybe a top i've been looking at or a lipstick whatever. A friend buys a charm for her bracelet for each 7lbs she loses. I really want my nails done before I go on holiday - in 6 days time but I set myself a target and have to lose another 3 lbs by then - might not make it - but it really helps me with an incentive and I will not allow myself to get the 'treat' until I get to that mini target!! GOOD luck on your weight loss journey! I also think slow and steady wins the race. Done crash diets a couple of times before and then pile it back on - been steady this time and it is NEVER going back on. xxxx
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    Oh you are not alone at all. I want to drop at least 50 I know some many here want to lose more. And this is the place to get it accomplished because of the great network of support.
  • adnol_2
    adnol_2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Nope, I need to lose over 100 lbs
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I saw someone on the boards this morning who had lost over 300 pounds so far. You're definitely not alone!
  • rhondagraymond
    Options
    You’re not on your own. My mother and I went on the Dukan diet’s weight loss coaching (http://www.dukandiet.com/Dukan-Coaching) last summer. She had 84 pounds to lose and I had 24. I lost the weight in 10 weeks and she lost all her weight in 6 months! She’s kept it off (mainly because the diet is just so easy!) and is a happier, healthier person. I’d like to tell you to not feel alone. Don’t feel discouraged by the ups and downs that are inevitable through this journey. Just keep looking ahead and follow your diet diligently. You can’t go wrong if you do things right and never give up!
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 85lbs.. even more if i can manage it... Am I on my own??

70% of the population in the USA is overweight or obese. Same in most other western countries.

I'm guessing no.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You certainly are not alone. I was in your position not too long ago, and thought it was damn near impossible.

Trust me, it's not. All the best xxx
  • Tahneeleiper
    Options
    Thankyou everyone for your comments. Its been a while since i have been on here and have just seen them all.

Much luck to you all!! :smile: