Which calories should I track.....?

Options
Hey!

I work out at the gym and I always track what the calories are on the gym equipment vs. what comes up on MFP for that activity. I wish it was better to use MFP because the calories it states I burn is always more than what appears on the gym equipment. Anyone else have this problem? I'm assuming I should track the calories on the equipment but I just don't know! helllppp :)

Replies

• Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Lowest amount since both are off by quite a bit.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    As a general rule, I go with whichever one reports fewer calories. If I'm going to be wrong, I'd rather be wrong on the side of eating less.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I would do lowest amount, minus about one third unless you are going balls to the wall all the time (MFP's count). IMO it's always better to underestimate instead of overestimate. It avoids disappointment.
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I always track the lowest number. and frequently I don't log the warm up or cool down
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Go with the lowest number, but if possible get a heart rate monitor, for a much more accurate number.

Remember each time you do an exercise you will not burn the same amount, but MFP will not account for that.