Just Dance (wii)

Options
j_g4ever
j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
I was wondering if anyone has this game and if you burn calories while doing it and if its fun.

Replies

• mom2manda
    Options
    I want to know too. I just saw it on t.v. tonight, it looks fun!
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I keep looking at it in the stores and keep deciding to wait.
  • tanyashealth
    Options
    I have wanted this game since I first heard of its release. I love the Wii and using it for physical activity. Who knew hula hooping on a balance board could be so tough? I would be very interested in a review of Just Dance as well.
  • jennbissonnette
    Options
    Meee too! I burned 214 cals today. And i have a score of 804 on that hula hoop! Man is it hard. But so much more exciting them smelling the guy next to me at the gym. Or even worse, being afraid he will move and his very obviously soaked light gray t-shirt that now looks closer to black will some how get on me. EEWWWWW. Either way, WII is fun. And its a great way for my husband to laugh at me and for me to connect with my 10 year old sister.....
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It's even funnier to watch my hubby hula hoop! I never laughed so hard in my life!!!!

What kills me is the segway. It makes my calves hurt soooo bad!! If I end up getting the Just Dance I'll be back to report on it.
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I want it! But I do not know of anyone who has it...It looks soooo fun!!
  • LosingLizard
    Options
    I bought it and plan on playing it tomorrow for the first time. I will wear my heart rate monitor to check calories and post it.

It looked so fun I just HAD to buy it. :)
  • ambervargo
    ambervargo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I played it at a friend's house this weekend and it was some serious cardio but I'm not sure if there are enough songs to keep it interesting after a while. It is lots of fun to play with other people and try to "out-dance" them. It seems like it might be best as a party game.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    It's even funnier to watch my hubby hula hoop! I never laughed so hard in my life!!!!

What kills me is the segway. It makes my calves hurt soooo bad!! If I end up getting the Just Dance I'll be back to report on it.

I record my husband doing it when he is so concentrated on it. he he
  • LosingLizard
    Options
    Okay, so here is my verdict. Though keep in mind it's only after one playing. :)

I wore the Heart Rate Monitor to track the burn. I burned around 260 calories in 27 minutes. So, it's definitely effective there!

I had lots of fun doing it and I did some serious sweating.

The only complaint I have is the same one I have with Gold's Gym and AE Active Sports - I'd SWEAR I was doing the moves, and correctly, and on time, but the game says I'm not, so I get very bad scores. Playing against myself, this doesn't bother me any. My goal is to sweat and have fun - I did both. I don't expect the Wii technology to be perfect given what it is trying to measure and how. So, I'm good with it.

Besides, since there is only 30 songs, it enhances game play to keep trying to beat my score and figure out how to get it to register. LOL.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Thank you for your review.