Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Newbie :)

Gabryka
Gabryka Posts: 21 Member
So, about a year ago I started to count calories to lose weight without the help of a website, app, or anything other than looking up calories and writing them in a journal. It went well for a while, dropped 2 pant sizes and about 20 lbs. Then my life got a bit crazy, new job, moving, trying to get back into school, and I stopped recording what I was doing. Haven't gained any weight, but haven't lost any since and that was about 5 or 6 months ago.

Finally got the bug to start trying again, job and home life now more stabilized. Starting school officially August 27th. I've been single now for over a year after breaking up with my fiance of 3 years, and decided that I need a change for me :)

Starting out now at 5'8 at 223lbs. Goal weight is 160 so I have a ways to go, but I will get there eventually! Hoping to be under 200 by Christmas, and at 18 or 19 weeks until then, it is SO possible!

Replies

• sidawson
    sidawson Posts: 5 Member
    good luck with it
  • jimvandam33
    jimvandam33 Posts: 17 Member
    good luck with everything
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Add me if you'd like. I'm here everyday, thoughout the day.
    I'll offer as much support and motivation as I can muster. :smile:
  • amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    Good luck! Add me if you like :flowerforyou:
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Feel free to add me! I'm on here daily and love to be a cheerleader! :bigsmile:
  • BeLeanD
    BeLeanD Posts: 6 Member
    Great for you Gabryka! I just delivered two beautiful healthy twin boys 4 months ago - and though things are still hectic and I am totally sleep deprived.. this app makes it a little easier to manage my calories and get a handle on my eating. I have practically zero time to exercise.. I am actually trying to sneak 10-15 min at work if I can.... even though I'd rather sleep!

Feel free to add me as a friend for support and motivation. I know a lot about nutrition and exercise and can be a great source of real information for you. There is a lot of nonsense out there and so easy to get confused. Feel free to ask me any questions :)