Is 600cal OK for a full meal???

Options
nixism
nixism Posts: 258 Member
Most days I have light meals, but once or twice a week I have a heavier lunch, ie: subway vegie footlong with no cheese or dressing, just veges and/or bacon.
As I'm only on 1200-1400cal A DAY I know this is a substantial amount 600 for a meal.
Your thoughts???

Replies

• Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Sure it's fine, I usually have one meal around 500-600 cals and then the rest of the meals and snacks between 200-300 calories.

Whatever works for you!
  • seamonkey789
    Options
    I'm actually on dr's orders to take my night time med with at least 500-600 calories and I'm still fine
  • Nikiki
    Options
    Also some unsolicited advice ;) with such a small weight loss goal you might want to start adding strength training to your day, you'll want to eat more to build muscle but it'll help you see better results :)
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    As long as you're within your calorie goals, it shouldn't really matter that you consume a larger amount at one time.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Why not? As long as you're full all day and hit your calorie goals.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I eat light meals early in the day and eat a huge calorie load for dinner. That is just how I like it.
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Also some unsolicited advice ;) with such a small weight loss goal you might want to start adding strength training to your day, you'll want to eat more to build muscle but it'll help you see better results :)

Great advice. Plus if you lift your body spends a lil more energy throughout the day to deal with the damage to muscles. Works over those high calorie meals with less chance of your body considering any of that energy as extra.
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My average meals are between 400-700 as i try to target the higher caloric meals for breakfast and lunch.

600 is A-OKAY in my book as long as it's not 600 worth of empty calories

=)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I get panicky if I have less than 1000 calories left after lunch. 600 calories IS a light meal for me!
  • nixism
    Options
    Hi all, thanks for your advice. And yes, I have an appt with the gym up the road, they've FINALLY become a 24hr gym so I'll be able to fit some work outs in. YAY!!! I do need to do some more exercise.
    I'm pretty full now, just had lunch... and am a bit skinny on cals for dinner, but it's Friday and this is what I do on Fridays lunchwise etc.
  • nixism
    Options
    It was bread, lots of salad veges and some yummy but slightly naughty bacon :) SO YUM
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    mmmm... bacon... lol
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Bacon is naughty?
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Seems perfect to me. Especially for a FULL meal. Especially when you're exercising.
  • Nikiki
    Options
    Bacon is naughty?

If it is then I don't want to be nice :devil:

Oh bacon I love you so!!!! *swoon*
  • mroeleven
    Options
    I try and keep my man evening meal under 450 cals ....with 1200 cal for the day i try and space them out . I also agree with strength training / weights , they will shape you up and burn more calories throughout the day ....maybe seek some help from a Personal Trainer to help you lift correctly and help you with your reps . Great advice given by everyone .....:smile:
  • Sofithomas
    Sofithomas Posts: 118
    Options
    Yep totally fine there are days when I have a bigger appetite so split my cals into two meals and IF so i eat 700-800 cals of meats veggies and good fats :) really satisfying! As long as you're in a deficit overall it won't hinder fat loss