Has anybody tried True Nutrition brand protein powder?

Options
I've always had problems getting enough protein, and I was thinking about adding some protein powder to my diet. (Yes, I do eat beans, lentils, other legumes, nuts, tofu, etc. I just don't eat a whole lot, so it's hard to get enough protein)

I'm vegetarian, so that rules out animal-based ones; I don't consume eggs more than necessary (ethical reasons); milk-derived powders make me sick; and I get a lot of soy in my diet.

Basically, I'm left with the vegan protein powders: hemp, rice, and pea. I know there are several decent brands out there (Vega, etc), but they're quite expensive. I happened upon True Nutrition, and their prices are quite reasonable. They offer the powders individually, in custom mixes, and in two blends (one "meal replacement" and one protein blend)

Has anybody tried this brand, esp. the vegan powders?

Replies

• arenkel
    arenkel Posts: 77
    Options
    No? All right. I guess I'll just have to try it myself!
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have ordered from them. Their protein is great, and you can mix and flavor however you like. The only problem is it isn't very cost effective unless you order bulk, because of shipping charges. Give them a shot, you will be impressed.

I have not tried any vegan mixes though.
  • aliciandoug
    Options
    My friend on here uses that brand. She loves it. I personally use body fortress. I know it's not much but I hope it helps you! Good luck!
  • daniel1hp
    Options
    I think there was a really in depth review of it over at http://veganproteinpowders.net, I would check it out, she's pretty hilarious.
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    yes! the pea protein is awesome - mixes very clean and doesn't have a lot of taste so the falavors come through nicely. good stuff!