5 1/2 months, about 65 lbs

Options
amandager
amandager Posts: 49 Member
Recently I've been lacking in the motivation department. I was cleaning up some photos, and came across this photo I had mashed up from all of my dress try-ons before having to reorder. The top left picture is the one that started it all, January 16th, shopping for bridesmaid dresses for my sisters wedding. I saw myself in that photo and it finally clicked, thank god. For years I've known what I needed to do, but it just didn't register enough for me to actually make the change. The bottom right picture was taken at the end of June, just before my birthday. At this point I was at about a 65lb loss, and I reordered my dress, 4 sizes down!!! Clearly it is more than a little tight, but the wedding isn't until the end of October so I knew I had some time. Since then I have lost about another 7 lbs. I'm happy to still be losing, but sad that it has finally slowed a little.

I think maybe I got happy and content with the success and reordering the dress 4 sizes down was a fantastic feeling. I stopped exercising, but continued with my calorie goal. I have recently started walking again, but am just not as driven right now. I won't lie, this summer heat is not helping at all as I'm not a fan of hot weather in general. While I am happy to be where I'm at, I know I still have more to lose to get to my goal. I'm realizing I need to remember just how far I've come, and even if it slows, a loss is still a loss. This is a lifestyle change, and thank god it really has been and has stuck, and I can continue to do this.

I will fight for it. I will not give up. I will reach my goal, and absolutely nothing will stop me.

I'm always looking to extend my support group, please feel free to add if you would like. Good luck to everyone!

Untitled.jpg

Replies

• jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    You're totally a motivation! Just look at those pics! I'm already friends with you or else I'd add you. It truly is amazing what you've done in such a short time, you should be really proud.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look amazing and you are so beautiful!:
  • ViRoot
    ViRoot Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! Congrats!! :))
  • nesi0606
    nesi0606 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What a difference 65lbs can make.........MARVELOUS!!! Definitely the motivation I needed to see to keep going!! Thanks for posting and sharing your amazing progress!! Keep up the good work!
  • YOLANDAWICKS
    Options
    Would love to be friends
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Good job!! You look wonderful!
  • amandager
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!!!!!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    That is truly awesome. Congrats :)
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • amandager
    Options
    Thank you : )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!