I eat way to much fat.

Options
2»

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    As others have said... don't be afraid of fats - they play a crucial role (as do carbs, another fasely blamed macro nutrient).

Trans fats should be avoided as much as possible, but all other fats have their place in reaonsable quantities.

Personally, I'm usually around 80g of fat. The general rule of thumb is that you should have a minimum of .3g of fat per lb that you weigh.

So, 100lb person >= 30g of fat, 200lb person, 70g fat
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Isn't it more about balance? You know a little fat, a little carbs, a bit of protein and so on?
  • ccmorrissette
    Options
    i eat about 50g/day, on 1800-2000 cal/day, and sometimes i go over-i haven't noticed any gains. mostly it all comes from PB, avocados, almonds, olive oil-healthy fats. it's really more when i carbo-load one day and don't exercise it all off that i really see the bloating and gain.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Without exercise I try for about 66 grams. I regularly go over. I find if I'm low on fat my skin and hair get gross.

I'm not going to kill myself over eating an avacado an egg and some other real foods. If it comes from Mcdonalds, well, I probably should have made better choices a few days ago lol. Just get all your vitamins and minerals. Theres all kinds of diets people go for. They all lose weight. Even the high fat ones (and I wouldn't consider that high). Eating a balanced diet is the best, try to get all your vitamins and minerals, don't avoid fat because of it :)
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Today, I've eaten 1373 calories and 106 grams of fat :-D
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I always go over on fat and it hasn't hurt me at all. As long as you're not getting all of it from cookies and cake, but from things like nuts and dairy, etc. it's not that bad!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

What did you eat?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Without exercise I try for about 66 grams. I regularly go over. I find if I'm low on fat my skin and hair get gross.

I'm not going to kill myself over eating an avacado an egg and some other real foods. If it comes from Mcdonalds, well, I probably should have made better choices a few days ago lol. Just get all your vitamins and minerals. Theres all kinds of diets people go for. They all lose weight. Even the high fat ones (and I wouldn't consider that high). Eating a balanced diet is the best, try to get all your vitamins and minerals, don't avoid fat because of it :)

^^this
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I eat a good amount of fat. 100-150 g/day typically, it taste soo good and it's vital for important body functions.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    It's an extremely rare day when I eat fewer than 75g of fat. I have nuts and nut butters daily, avocado regularly. I also eat pastured meat, eggs and cheese. Fat is not the enemy when it comes to health or weight loss. I never make an attempt to keep fat low; I do keep an eye on my saturated fat intake and shoot for around 20g, though. And, for what it's worth, my cholesterol is excellent.
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Saturated fats are BAD for you!
    negatory. they are critical for being healthy. sat fats being bad is by and large a myth. There is a hint of truth in it that they have the potential to be bad, but only in certain conditions. ie: inuit diet, which is mostly sat fats. yet have very low rates of heart disease compared to most anywhere else... if sat fats were truly bad they should be dying out by the ton from it.

the thing to look at by far appears to be carb consumption combined with omega3/omega6 ratio. low omega 3 + high omega 6 = heart disease. and it's no shocker that a lot of the foods we eat as a culture that contain sat fats also are high in omega 6. (burgers + fries fried in oil) sat fats just got the bad rap unfortunately.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options

What did you eat?

Ham and 3 eggs with horseradish mayo for breakfast, salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber and a dressing) with cheese for lunch, chicken chargrill with lots of courgettes and peppers in a creamy tomato sauce for tea and 2 mini baby bels as a snack. Nicely full and won't eat again today :-))

eta - it's gone up to 1405 cals and 107 fat, I had may more courgette than I originally planned, damn I love that stuff!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My goal is set to 58 grams per day. I'm at 1750 calories per day.