need help please

Options
I am trying to log my exercise. I went up and down 91 flights of stairs. how do i find out how many calories that is? thank you :)

Replies

• skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    Well do you know about how long you did this for?
    Running (jogging), up stairs burns about 17 cal per minute according to mfp

when you go to log it, just type "stairs" and that is what comes up. If you were sprinting than you may need to search outside of mfp for more numbers and enter them manually
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    buy a HRM
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    caloriecount.about.com

This website has calorie counts for a wide assortment of activities. I'm not sure if it has the one you need, but it would be worth checking.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    Go to www.myfitnesspal.com/exercise/diary/ and "add exercise" if that is what you are looking for btw
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Maybe elliptical and put how many minutes it took you?? My best advice is to get a Heart Rate MOnitor, like from Polar, Sportline or New Balance. It gives you accurate caloric burn feedback.
  • sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    Options
    running stairs on mfp exercise....i have a polar 4ft watch that calculates calories burned..hands down has changed my workouts!!! I workout according to calories rather than time....purely AWESOME!!
  • luv4horses118
    luv4horses118 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    there wasn't a set time for them. I did a deck of cards and that was one of the work outs for it. thanks for the help.