Back fat!

Options

Replies

• Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem - not what you want to hear but lose fat all over and it will go down - you cant spot reduce unfotunately. x

But I so wish you could..... but I have several spots...just seems like the fat comes from the boobs first...definitely not my first choice to lose fat!!! Urrgghhh
  • bdtyson77302
    bdtyson77302 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yoga....simple, easy, and VERY effective! My waist went from a 36 to a 27 in six months with diet and Yoga! There is a particular move Chaturanga that works your arms and back..
  • dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Agree with the Shred and a calorie deficit. Here were my results.

Back1784to1584.jpg

Hope the pic works. And I have built a little more muscle in my back and lost about 5 more lbs since this pic.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred! I lost over 3 inches from my ribcage measurement in a month, taking my back measurement from 33" to 29 3/4"! I hadn't realised I had over 3 inches of back fat to lose!

You just sold me on the 30 day shred!! I NEED TO GET IT!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce and where your fat is deposited is genetically determined.

Good news is that it tends to be a late fat deposited (after abdomen for men and thighs and bottom for women and upper arm for both). So it's the first to go!

To tighten it up and make it look better before it goes though, simple body twists and any exercise that moves the arms help.
  • redredy9
    Options

Back1784to1584.jpg

Hope the pic works. And I have built a little more muscle in my back and lost about 5 more lbs since this pic.

You ladies are making me a believer? Can't wait to start!
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I do strength training 3 days per week and cardio two days per week. I am currently "playing" with my calories to see what works because I hit a plateau on the weight loss. I was getting discouraged because I had not seen any difference . I took pictures on 6.10.12 and then again on 7.20.12... I see a difference but maybe I am just overly hopeful :-)

2j44l7b.jpg

2i92mp3.jpg
  • redredy9
    Options
    I do strength training 3 days per week and cardio two days per week. I am currently "playing" with my calories to see what works because I hit a plateau on the weight loss. I was getting discouraged because I had not seen any difference . I took pictures on 6.10.12 and then again on 7.20.12... I see a difference but maybe I am just overly hopeful :-)

2j44l7b.jpg

2i92mp3.jpg

I see a big difference! Way to go! Keep it up! the scale is not the only measure of success :-)
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Well, you really can't spot reduce...ever. You have to lose fat everywhere. What you can do is build back muscle and thus increase the visible muscle definition. This would help the appearance of reduced back fat.
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options

Back1784to1584.jpg

WOW! you look amazing girl!
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options

2j44l7b.jpg

2i92mp3.jpg

I too see the difference, keep going and thanks for the motivation x
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem - not what you want to hear but lose fat all over and it will go down - you cant spot reduce unfotunately. x

^^Truth
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Zumba works great for the abs, hips, and back areas. I noticed a difference in my back fat and love handles when I started doing Zumba. I also noticed a big difference when I added Jillian's 30 Day Shred in the mix too. Anything that moves your hips will help the back fat disappear, especially the back muffin top area.
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I lost mine with the 30 Day Shred. Here's my pics.
    Before
    16352481_8893_thumb.jpg
    After
    16352481_7725_thumb.jpg
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    look at the machines at the gym, and use any/all of them that show they work the back. I lost obscene amounts of back fat that way! 3-4 times a week I do lat pull downs, back rows, back extensions, etc

Funny, when I do a lot of back work, my back fat looks way worse. It turns out, building up muscle underneath your fat, without reducing overall body fat actually makes you look bigger.
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options

This. Can't spot reduce (otherwise I'd lose the belly and keep the boobs!). It might be the last place to lose, but it will go once you lose body fat all over.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    i glanced at this real quick and thought it said back fart :laugh: :laugh:

well.. to get rid of it... lots of cardio and less of carbohydratios! :)
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred!
  • BeanQueen3000
    Options
    Fry that *kitten* up with some red potatoes.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bump