Carb-Cycling (Chris Powell/Extreme Makeover)

Options
I've been looking into this carb-cycling thing that Chris Powell does on Extreme Makeover Weight Loss. Has anyone tried this and had good/bad results? Just want to get some opinions before I start trying this.

-Andrew (amoro04)

Replies

• amoro04
    amoro04 Posts: 7
    Options
    I've been looking into this carb-cycling thing that Chris Powell does on Extreme Makeover Weight Loss. Has anyone tried this and had good/bad results? Just want to get some opinions before I start trying this.

-Andrew (amoro04)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    How much fat do you have to lose?
  • hhroth2005
    hhroth2005 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No, but I started reading his book and it makes sense. Just haven't implemented it yet.
  • amoro04
    amoro04 Posts: 7
    Options
    About 75-80 lbs
  • krista1020
    krista1020 Posts: 11
    Options
    I started it today:)
  • minusthemuffintop
    Options
    I read the book and started ten days ago. My first weigh in was -6, and I had been logging food and exercising with no weight loss before that. I am anxious to weigh in tomorrow. I feel good and have not been hungry except on the low carb days but then you can fill up on veggies and water between meals. If you follow nothing else I think eating every 3 hours to keep the "furnace" inside burning makes so much sense. I love Chris Powell and I have found reading his book very motivating!
  • tship74
    Options
    I too am looking for examples and more info. I am almost done with the book now.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    There is a group for this in the group forum. Lots of great people and good info! Check it out!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Chris Powell is awesome.