Losing weight after hysterectomy

Options
I had a hysterectomy back in March and I've been struggling to lose weight ever since. I dropped 7 lbs right after and once I started feeling a little better I put it back on. Now I keep bouncing back and forth with the same 5lbs :( I've been walking, zumba on the wii, swimming a little here and there. Anyone have any suggestions on how to jump start the weight loss again?

Replies

• JosMakinItCount
    Options
    What are you eating? I would suggest tracking a couple of normal days (not attempting to eat right) just what you normally eat. This will give you a better idea of what you are truly eating. I was surprised at how much I was eating when I tracked it. Might be that you aren't eating enough too. That will keep the weight from coming off as well.
  • wishn2binAZ
    wishn2binAZ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I know that carbs are my weakness, right next to chocolate! I'm trying really hard not to munch on the snacks that the kids are eating, and I've been pop free for 5 days. Busted out the gum to help keep me from snacking and started "clearing" closets when the kiddos are napping. But like we talked yesterday, my genetics are against me :( Just need to fight back harder.
  • debboike
    debboike Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just keep watching it and try an ab workout. If you can work with weights, it will build muscle and you will start to lose more weight. I wear weights when I walk. You can even wear them doing your household activities. It's harder to lose after a hysterectomy, but it is still possible, just don't give up. Good luck!
  • missmoree
    missmoree Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also have had a difficult time losing weight after hysterectomy. I had a difficult recovery and am just now starting to feel "normal". I just recently started monitoring my food and also working out. It is really slow in coming off, but I'm ok with that. Keep at it. You CAN do it. Good luck!
  • wishn2binAZ
    wishn2binAZ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your support!