OMG!!! why????

Options
pmd14
pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
OMG I just ate 1000 calories and I don't know why. I wasn't that hungry and I'm not depressed sad angry PMS nothing. I just kept eating!!!!!!!! I wish I could figure out this food thing.

Replies

• pmd14
    Options
    OMG I just ate 1000 calories and I don't know why. I wasn't that hungry and I'm not depressed sad angry PMS nothing. I just kept eating!!!!!!!! I wish I could figure out this food thing.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it! This lifestyle change takes practice just like anything else! Keep marching forward!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Can you get a workout in today? :flowerforyou:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    pmd... I was right there with you over this past weekend! I totally blew it!!!

Friday night - anniversary dinner with me hubby :love:

Saturday - not sure what the hell happened just ate anything and everything :noway:

Sunday - Mother's Day!!! :flowerforyou:

For some reason I feel that a "special occasion" requires unhealthy eating! Where does that come from!?!?! I hate that mentality! Any advise on how to get rid of that mind-frame??? :grumble:

Anyway, I agree with Ms. Dancer... don't beat yourself up! You can do better the rest of the day. Maybe something if bothering you that you're not aware of???? :frown:
  • frenchfoodlover
    Options
    First off - stop beating yourself up over it.... that just leads to more discouragement and more eating and we have all been there. We are human - look forward and be positive - you are a great person and don't deserve that kind of criticism.

Sit down quietly and reflect on what led up to it. Maybe there was something that triggered you? Did you exercise hard a few hours prior? A habit? a tone in someone's voice? And you know what can happen too - maybe you were just hungry? I find if I've overdone it on the dieting, my body reaches breaking point and I'm hungry all the time. That is why it is so critical to eat your calories or close to every day.

:flowerforyou: I think this "food thing" is exactly as you say - we can't figure it out sometimes. Go have a pedicure or a massage- that always gets me in a more positive head space and feel great and treat myself without eating!!! Onward and downward (in pounds) heehee!!
  • vitaytony
    vitaytony Posts: 41
    Options
    Gosh I went out to eat Saturday and i guess what i ordered had 1445 calories I was pissed when i got home, I told my hubby i guess no more eating for me LOL>... He was like babe its only 4pm u will be hungry.... I was like well to bad.... But i didnt seem to get hungry all day but anyways dont feel to bad about the 1000 calories.
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Did you log it after you ate :huh: ? If so then be sure to log BEFORE it goes into your mouth and you'll begin to make much better choices :wink:

Wishing you well.
  • pmd14
    Options
    Thanks all.
    No I didn't exercise before and right now I am so full I don't think I could get a workout in without throwing up. Well maybe that would be a good idea.
    I was so proud of myself yesterday I didn't overdo on mother's day a little cheat but not too bad.
    I just woke up this morning and started to eat "good" and then went WILD.
    I'm going to be positive but ..... WHY is it so difficult to get control on food.
    Maybe it's a "habit" like you said. I don't know I was alone this morning it was raining and I didn't have anything specific to do at that moment so I guess I went to food.
    I'm going to try and so some cleaning (that will work off some calories) and try to plan a light dinner.
    Maybe later I can try to do a mile on the threadmill.