I hate salads!

Options
sparkler2112
sparkler2112 Posts: 50 Member
Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to my salads to make them more tasty? I love lettuce, I love tomatoes, I love cucumbers...i just hate salads! Any input will be greatly appreciated! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I had flavorful cheeses, red kidney beans with a little of the juice, and fruit to give it a sweet taste. They have now become my staple in life.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I hate salads too! :grumble: So I stopped eating them, and instead, almost every day for lunch, I have sliced chicken on 2 pieces of 35 calorie light oatmeal bread, a light layer of mayo, and some Lays Light chips. It's soooooooo much better than rabbit food! :love: :laugh:
  • amoore42
    Options
    well i dont like salads either the dressing part but i will eat it with out the dressing i know thats sounds crazy but i do.
  • Slim34
    Slim34 Posts: 46
    Options
    I hate salads too! :grumble: So I stopped eating them, and instead, almost every day for lunch, I have sliced chicken on 2 pieces of 35 calorie light oatmeal bread, a light layer of mayo, and some Lays Light chips. It's soooooooo much better than rabbit food! :love: :laugh:

Hey what's the brand of your light oatmeal bread ?? 35 calories is SwEeT !!
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I hate them too, but I like what goes in them so I put all my salad ingredients (with some lean protein like chicken or turkey) into a whole grain wrap. I find it to be much more satisfying.
  • butterfly09
    butterfly09 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan either:sick: but I am finding that adding fruits, rasins, tuna, or chickpeas :love: helps add something to it. Just keep switching it up until you find something that you like. The wrap idea is great with a wheat wrap and fat free ranch. Sounds yummy!!!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I hate them too, but I like what goes in them so I put all my salad ingredients (with some lean protein like chicken or turkey) into a whole grain wrap. I find it to be much more satisfying.

This is what I was going to recommend doing, I HATE salads, unless it's the bad ones, like potato, maccaroni, anything with lots of cals :)))
  • getnhealthy101
    Options
    I like them without dressing if I add some crubled blue cheese.
  • tannah816
    Options
    I love my easy taco salad...use chicken or lowfat turkey made with taco season. You can add some corn, kidney or black beans, green onion, cheese, tomato, olives, and some lowfat tortilla chips crushed up. For dressing I add salsa to some fat free ranch which really improves the taste! This makes for a great meal and healthy too!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Wow Im surprized at how many people dont like salad. Me I love salad...I just hate making them...if someone would make it I would eat it 3x a day. I put every kind of veggie I can think of. Sliced hard boiled egg are great on them.. I also put hot peppers on them...yummm
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    I think there is a big difference between eating a salad because it's what you want to eat and eating one because it's what you think you have to eat. If you eat salad because you think that's the only way you're going to lose weight you will probably be very unhappy and end up failing. You have to find things you like to eat that are good for you and satisfying. There are loads of foods out there that you can try instead of salad. And who knows, maybe you'll find some combination on a salad that you end up loving. But if you really don't like them, give yourself permission to not eat them. Don't feel guilty.
  • jennkohler
    Options
    My favorite salad is fresh spinach, grilled chicken, raspberries, almond slivers, and a little poppy seed dressing!! I hope you find something that you like. Those wraps mentioned earlier sounds great!!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    yeah I've found that unless I'm REALLY in the mood for a salad I will find ANY excuse not to eat it, and wont be satisfied when I'm finished with it no matter what I put on it. Instead I eat cooked veggies for lunch and am SOOO much more satisfied. I'll put green beans with dried cherries & cranberries and some slivered almonds together with a dash of rosemary and 1tbs of evoo and I feel 100x more satisfied than the biggest salad. Green Giant makes some really good veggie steamers that are about 100-170 calories for both servings in the box too.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    oh also I love lettuce wraps... dont ask me why but I can take the same ingrediants that I was gonna put on a salad and instead pile them into a peice of romaine and its more filling.

My faves are: hummus, bell peppers & turkey bacon or ground turkey with taco seasoning, salsa & plain fat free greek yogurt. you can make mini ones too with endive leaves so you can eat more :)
  • BrenNew
    Options

Hey what's the brand of your light oatmeal bread ?? 35 calories is SwEeT !!

It's the grocery store brand. Market Basket. I hope you have one, cuz it's pretty good bread, and I love that I can eat two pieces instead of just one of the regular kind!
  • BrenNew
    Options

This is what I was going to recommend doing, I HATE salads, unless it's the bad ones, like potato, maccaroni, anything with lots of cals :)))

:laugh: :laugh: Same here! :wink: :laugh:
  • miaangel345
    Options
    I hate salads as well! I heat the lettuce up and add a nice light vinaigrette to them! :P
  • tanzmitpalmer
    tanzmitpalmer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    As an alternate to wrapping it, throw it on a sub bun. Salad sammiches are so much easier to chow down than having to fork all that salad. White cheeses are generally good to use with salad/sandwiches (just watch the sodium). And use a sandwich-worthy dressing to top it off, like a light honey mustard or caesar salad dressing.

For honest to god salads, though, I throw on dried fruit and chopped nuts to make it extra tasty and nutritious. And shake the salad in dressing for an even coating, rather than globbing a big dollop of dressing on the top... you use less dressing without sacrificing flavour that way.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh! I love salads!!! I use romaine and then add black olives, red kidney beans, balsalmic vinger, a tiny bit of my homemade ranch dressing and some fat free croutons. Sooooo goooood!
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    put some fresh cauliflower on it and for a change, use either Pace Picante suace as your dressing...0 fat...or go to the restaurant Chili's and get their homemade salsa...its yummy as dressing..
    the cauliflower really puts the crunch in it.....