Sit-Up, Squat, & Dip Challenge - CLOSED GROUP

Options

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I got the apps for each of them! Excited to actually start this. My muscles were so sore for a couple days after the initial test.
  • pleytem
    pleytem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump so I don't lose thread :)
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    Okay - here is what I'm currently missing. If I don't receive your info in the next couple days, you will be removed from my tracking sheet. Not to be mean, but I want to make sure we have dedicated, supportive members in this challenge! :)

amandatim2 - Initial tests, calf and arm measurements
    amydarling201 - Initial tests
    freew67 - Initial tests and hip measurement
    Iwillblossom - Initial tests
    MrsSamB - Initial tests and calf measurement
    pleytem - Initial tests
    robinske - initial tests
    Sbehlmer - measurements

EVERYTHING:
    avigneault
    chowells78
    cynthia_marie
    foxyforce
    greenbaymichk
    jacqueling
    janlange
    kerripresslee
    Kluiver
    LatteFix
    Minu135
    NaschKatze86
    seizethefray
    Stefanie7125
    Sunshine_Girl
    suzysioux
    Techdiva34
    tomfrnk5
    Topsking2010
    twinsfan184

(If you've actually already posted or sent them, my apologies - please send again!)
  • Iwillblossom
    Iwillblossom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I will post my Initial test results tomorrow.
  • ArtemisXXII
    Options
    Bumping to find my way back. :D
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Okay - here is what I'm currently missing. If I don't receive your info in the next couple days, you will be removed from my tracking sheet. Not to be mean, but I want to make sure we have dedicated, supportive members in this challenge! :)

amandatim2 - Initial tests, calf and arm measurements
    amydarling201 - Initial tests
    freew67 - Initial tests and hip measurement
    Iwillblossom - Initial tests
    MrsSamB - Initial tests and calf measurement
    pleytem - Initial tests
    robinske - initial tests
    Sbehlmer - measurements

EVERYTHING:
    avigneault
    chowells78
    cynthia_marie
    foxyforce
    greenbaymichk
    jacqueling
    janlange
    kerripresslee
    Kluiver
    LatteFix
    Minu135
    NaschKatze86
    seizethefray
    Stefanie7125
    Sunshine_Girl
    suzysioux
    Techdiva34
    tomfrnk5
    Topsking2010
    twinsfan184

(If you've actually already posted or sent them, my apologies - please send again!)

Resent my measurements to your MFP inbox...please message me back once you got them. Thanks!
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My measurements (I'm not sure if you got either message) :/

Waist 40
    Hips 40
    Breast 38
    Thigh 21
    Calf 17
    Upper arm 13
  • mariapg25
    mariapg25 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started this today and by the 5th set of each....holy cow what a burn!!! Loved it!!!
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just did mine for the day :) I started on week 3 for situps and squats due to my initial test, and boy did it suck. haha. My legs were already sore, after 113 squats I can't imagine they'll be much better tomorrow.
    I did surprisingly well with the dips though.
  • chicksnbunnies
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Metathesis
    Options
    Bump.

Will PM initial test results later this AM (currently at work).
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Just did my first day today. Now I am wondering something though:

Do you guys do the exercises & sets in order (for example: sit ups sets 1-5, then squats 1-5, then dips 1-5), or do you do all the first sets, then all the second ones etc?

today I did each exercise separate, but I am thinking of trying it the other way around next time. I am thinking it would be faster, since I can rest one muscle group whilst doing the next exercise.

Anyhow, just a thought.
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options

Do you guys do the exercises & sets in order (for example: sit ups sets 1-5, then squats 1-5, then dips 1-5), or do you do all the first sets, then all the second ones etc?

today I did each exercise separate, but I am thinking of trying it the other way around next time. I am thinking it would be faster, since I can rest one muscle group whilst doing the next exercise.

Anyhow, just a thought.

I do rotations, so one muscle set is resting while you do the next. So set 1 for each, then 2 for each, etc. I find that doing the sit-ups in the middle works the best for me.

How is everyone doing with these???
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and did all sets for each exercise. After the 2nd set it was getting tougher. I was able to break a sweat and thought I did okay, however, this morning was a different story. I work out 6 days a week, but just the concentration on these muscle groups made me extremely sore. I'm looking forward to doing this tomorrow, however, I'm going to try doing a set for each exercise and see how it goes.

Yes_I_can - thanks for starting this. I need to shake up my exercise routine.

Lisa
  • sarah692
    Options

Anyhow, just a thought.

Yeah, I do set 1 of squats, then crunches, then dips, and then take a 60 second break and start set 2 for each. I think it's much faster.
  • mariapg25
    Options

Anyhow, just a thought.
  • mariapg25
    Options
    I'm going to try it your way froeschli...I've been doing all squats, all crunches, then all dips.
  • sarah692
    Options
    Day 2 done! Situps were a bit of a struggle.

I don't think I'll be able to beat my squats this week. I only got 40 in my last set today, and my initial test was 61... so it just seems unlikely I'll be able to do 20 more day after tomorrow on top of the program's increase. I'm doing okay with everything else though.
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    FINALLY! The weekend. Being that I don't workout on weekends....I AM SOOOO HAPPY!!! My legs are killing me! LOL. I've only completed 2 days of the challenge (doing mon, wed, fri with my other workout)...BUT MAN! Those squats are no joke. The situps and dips are fine.......The squats!!
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done! Situps were a bit of a struggle.

I don't think I'll be able to beat my squats this week. I only got 40 in my last set today, and my initial test was 61... so it just seems unlikely I'll be able to do 20 more day after tomorrow on top of the program's increase. I'm doing okay with everything else though.

Keep in mind that you're already doing x amount of squats before it gets to set 5 so you probably did 40 and then some. Don't down yourself :wink: