Using Insanity with a back injury

Options
Hello all! Just wondering....I was planning to start Insanity today with the fit test. I was a little concerned going into it because I have a pre-existing back injury that I want to avoid irritating at all costs. I only made through about 30 seconds of the first real exercise in the fit test (switch kicks) before I started to feel the muscles in my lower back tightening up. Is this a sign that I should move on and find something else? Or is there an easy way to modify insanity for back pain?

Thanks for the advice!

Replies

• gpsacole
    gpsacole Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hurt my back doing INSANITY. I would never recommend this program to someone with a previous back injury and neither will my back doctor. The informcial sounds great, but I sold my program to another family months later on Craig's List.
  • lidiflyful
    Options
    May I ask

What is INSANITY??

x
  • mawright1231
    Options
    May I ask

What is INSANITY??

x

It's a very intense cardio conditioning program based on max interval training. You work at your maximum level for 3 minutes with a 30 second break then back at it again. My husband just started doing it and it's INTENSE, but will get you amazing results.

There's a video and some info here: http://skinnymommyfitness.com/recommended-weight-loss-diet-products/insanity/
  • lidiflyful
    Options
    Thanks Ill try out! Been looking for a new routine that will kick my *kitten*! lol