Starting over :(

Options
4 months later and 18 lbs heavier, I am back again and ready to do it this time. I need help! Support welcome! I need to stay on this new healthier path and get my diabetes undercontrol. I will do it and if I do stray from the path - I will jump right back on!

Replies

• nmgtz03
    nmgtz03 Posts: 27
    Options
    Glad you're back!!! Forget the past, keep moving forward. You can do this! :)
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I was in a minor car accident in March and it completely threw me off my game...I was down 28 lbs at that time but now I'm only down 20. I've been logging into MFP but haven't been keeping track and exercise has been sporadic at best. So I feel your pain, but we've done it once we can do it again!!!

I started today logging again, hoping to lose the 8 lbs. I've gained plus much, much more.
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • vipergirl74
    Options
    welcome back..me too..time to start our lifestyle change:)
  • jillleanne
    jillleanne Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    There are very few people who haven't had to start over (or at least close to over) during this process. Glad to see you back!! I restarted again around june. So I know what it feels like. Feel free to friend me!
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    No frowns allowed here! You are back and making a decision to be healthy! You should be dancing! My sister was diagnosed with Diabetes and she went healthy to combat it. Now she is 2 years without medication and without a single bad blood test result. You can do this!
  • theesfield
    theesfield Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. One day at a time, one step at a time. Keep focus and be good to yourself!
    Gina
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Good for you and all of us that have started over too. There are many and we all know what a great thing it is to start:)
  • tinemarie15
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds last year (but needed to keep losing), and gained it all back between Jan-July of this year. I am back and determined, too.

Let's do this!
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can do it. July 2011 diagnosed diabetic and have since lost 51lbs and am off my medication since April 2012. Good luck.
  • thaphatdiva
    thaphatdiva Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the restart. We can do this!
  • amlyrod
    amlyrod Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over too. Maybe we can support each other!
  • shelley2shane
    shelley2shane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Girl you can do this! I'm down 54lbs. since I started MFP, I have had many down falls but always jump back on it. I just sent you a friend request.... We got this ;)
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    4 months later and 18 lbs heavier, I am back again and ready to do it this time. I need help! Support welcome! I need to stay on this new healthier path and get my diabetes undercontrol. I will do it and if I do stray from the path - I will jump right back on!

Girl...it happens. I had a really busy weekend full of fried foods and booze and it set me back. It doesn't take much to get on again, though!! Good luck!!
  • darnnells
    Options
    You can do it. Just take it day by day. Even when you feel like crap, track everything. This is what I tell myself.
  • jenniferlthomas0305
    jenniferlthomas0305 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    We all have to start over some times!! Don't let it get you down. Be happy that you've realized it's time!! Anyone can add me if they'd like. We can ALL do this TOGETHER!!
  • akamatilda
    Options
    I have been kicking myself for not making progress. I got off to a good start, then it seems like it doesn't take much to get off track. Gained 3 lbs on vacation. I don't want anyone to feel discouraged. It is comforting to know we are all in this together.It seems hard when you consider how far you have to go. Just take baby steps, be kind to yourself. One day at a time.
  • natalie2355
    natalie2355 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    restarted last week. *hugz*
  • nbrown1989
    nbrown1989 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am startiing over too for the billionth time I will add you we can motivate each other.
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    "if I do stray....." <---First hurdle is to get past this type of self-fulfilling prophecy. As they say, attitude is a little thing that makes a BIG difference.