OLYMPIC INSPIRATION!

Options
I don't know about anyone else but has been watching the Olympics made you want to work harder in the gym or in your workouts? They do for me! My goal is not to look too muscular, but when I see the slow motion replays of the women's gymnastics and how their muscles contract is amazing! When I run, I don't want anything to move lol.

I felt the same way watching American Ninja Warrior, but that's off now for the season...

Replies

• kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I was in awe with the arms and shoulders of the US Women's Rowing Team last night! That's my new inspiration, to have arms and shoulders like those ladies have!
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    It kind of does, but also has the opposite effect on me - I'm suffering with a lot of "what's the point" feelings at the moment. They'll pass, they always do, and they always coincide with highly stressful times for me.

I'm really enjoying watching sports I know nothing about and being bamboozled by the rules (and drooling over the very fit athletes).
  • star87cc
    star87cc Posts: 63
    Options
    Completely agree! the Gymnastics were on yesterday as I was in the gym on the treadmill and watching the slow-mo's are amazing :) such physiques! very inspiring! :D
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Men's water polo for me.
  • tiffanyvc
    Options
    I used to be a swimmer, but gave it up during my college years....now I want to start again after watching!! (My husband thinks I'm crazy...)
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I agree! I especially appreciate that most athletes seem to train and eat for performance and to get stronger, faster, better. Their amazing physiques are benefit (an amazing benefit) to that method of living. Very inspiring to me.
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Just wait until track and field is on... I can't wait to watch those men and women... My inspiration is not only to look as good and be as fit as they are but to be able to continue my track career...never going to be at that level, but why give up on myself when I have so much more left
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    P.s. That's why this is my profile picture... USA gold medalist at Athens in the pole vault, Tim Mack :)
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I used to be a swimmer, but gave it up during my college years....now I want to start again after watching!! (My husband thinks I'm crazy...)

@tiffanyvc: what about that Romanian female gymnast who's 24 - she was in it, left for a while, went to college, came back and is DOMINATING!!!