1 Year 110lbs lost!! Pics

Options
*********** Warning there is a pic showing "the Middle Finger" so if you are sensitive to that kind of picture please exit now*********

I joined MFP 365 days ago weighing in at 292 lbs. It was my heaviest I had ever been. I've been big since I can remember even as a child, but it wasn't until highschool that the number on the scale really started to climb. In college I managed to lose around 80 lbs and keep it off for around a year weighing in at around 220.....then I went through I rough time in my life and within a couple months I was back up to around 300 lbs. I've tried everything, diet pills, atkins, super low calorie, not eating, you name it and I've done it. Nothing ever worked. I could never stick with anything long enough to see results and I just gained more weight after breaking diet and going crazy. Most importantly, no diet ever changed my relationship with food, or helped me understand how different foods affect my body.

My husband met me when I was 220 lbs and we got married when I was near 300...so he has seen me through the think and less thick, but I felt like my low self esteem and constant battle with my weight would ultimately damage our relationship. Today a year ago a friend mentioned MFP on facebook and I decided to check it out. I also started going to therapy to talk about my issues with food and with self esteem. Now the therapy only lasted for about two months, but obviously MFP has stuck! I love using the tracker to see exactly how many calories, carbs, protein, etc I am eating....and the resulting change on the scale, whether up or down that it causes.

I started out just tracking everything using MFP guidelines, I was losing weight at a pretty steady rate for 3 or 4 months. Then after alot of researching on my own and reading in the forums and online, I decided to try the Primal/Paleo diet in December 2011 and I haven't looked back. I've been Primal/Paleo for 8 months now and I feel amazing. This means I don't eat grains, legumes, or processed sugar. Everthing else is fair game though. While on this diet I adjusted my diary settings to suit my new diet. I try to eat around 1700 calories a day, between 50-75 carbs a day, between 100-120 grams of protein daily and let everything else fall where it wants. I never work out....I hate working out and I work at my job about 60 hours a week.....sooo I just don't do it. If you want more info on the Paleo/Primal diet go to marksdailyapple.com. I do think different things work for different people however, and am not trying to push the diet on anyone. It is just what has helped me lose the weight easily, without feeling hungry, and getting enjoy delicious foods.

I plan to eat this way for the rest of my life, but increase my calories to over 2000 daily when I want to maintain.
I still want to lose another 20 lbs to get to around 160 for a healthy BMI as well as start to tone because of the saggy skin and problem areas I have.

Now for the BEFORE PICS!!

dress2-1.jpg

224522_2058133186699_1645734025_1957942_2178624_n.jpg

223870_2058132386679_1645734025_1957939_7527925_n.jpg

This is me this morning

IMAG0559.jpg

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    You look so beautiful... in all your pics really... but you can see on your face in the latest pic how happy you are with your new body. So proud to call you my friend!!
  • treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    wow! you look amazing!!!!! congratulations!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Have to admit, I didn't read it all.

But you look fantastic and just wanted to say congrats to you!
  • Thaliafitchick
    Options
    wow! you look great!
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    WOW! That is an amazing transformation! Congratulations on your loss! You look fabulous ( :
  • tlafrance
    tlafrance Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Congratulations! :drinker:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    meowwwwwww owwwwww! so much to be proud of flaunt that gorg body
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! And look at that tiny waist!!! Congrats and well done! :)
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Great job!!!
  • such_nonsense
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations! You've made such great progress on your journey!
  • Dmarisol
    Dmarisol Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look so good girl. keep up the good work. Congrats
  • reenimau
    Options
    Congratulation!
    Go ooooooon! :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    HOLY SCHMOLY !

Is that even the same person ?????

Amazing transformation ....... congrats ...... enjoy your healthy new life !
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome, awesome success! Keep up the amazing work!
  • wrensong27
    wrensong27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!I started a week ago today and need to lose 100lbs.. Seeing stories like yours gives me confidence that Ican do it too....
  • Kimba0718
    Kimba0718 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations!!!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I think you're cute as Hell in all your pictures. But, I know you're much happier and feel better now! Awesome loss! Congratulations!
  • jshhh1
    jshhh1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!!
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation, you look beautiful in all your pics......great to see!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    stunning :flowerforyou:

well done :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!