Starting over :(

Options

Replies

• dmclement917
    Options
    I'm starting over for about the millionth time! After 3 months and 15 pounds heavier, it gets tough when there is no in-home encouragement. But I'm back and this time I am determined to do this for myself to make myself happier and healthier! I am down 7 pounds in 2 weeks and I am feeling great! Feel free to send any motiviation my way, I need it! Let's do this ladies!
  • romeogig
    Options
    heavier than i've ever been and completely discouraged!!
  • Thaliafitchick
    Options
    dont give up girl! you can totally do it! there is so much motivation here.:bigsmile:
  • adeluna76
    adeluna76 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    the important thing is you are starting over. Just take one day at a time. :smile:
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day and tomorrow is your furture! You are here now and thats what matters!!!!
  • Lee648
    Lee648 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm starting over as well. Lost alot of weight for my wedding and have put it all back on and then some. I don't like to discuss my weight with family and friends (it makes me upset!) so I'm turning to MFP to find some friends to go along this journey with. If there's anyone out there that wants another friend, please add me! I'm sick of "starting over"...I'm going to get to my goal weight, and I'm going to stay there! We can do this!!! :)
  • shannoncurry
    Options
    You can do it. I am starting over myself. We will susport each other.
  • LiliamG
    LiliamG Posts: 34
    Options
    I know you can do it ... forget about the past .. many blessings and luck....Here you have a friend to support you!!!
  • Wendy595
    Wendy595 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good luck! The important thing is that you are jumping back in and not giving up. Keep at it :-)
  • amanda3983
    amanda3983 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am staring over too. I am along time weight watchers member who has ups and downs. I have decided to try this as I cannot afford to pay them for me to struggle. Hoping everyone here can help me stay focused on the end prize.

Amanda

P.s. how do I get a weight loss graph under my posts?
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You can do this. Don't dwell on past mistakes, just learn from them and move on!

My favorite song right now is "Let's Go" by Calvin Harris - great lyrics for MFP:

"Make no excuses now, i’m talking here and now, i’m talking here and now, let’s go!... It’s not about what you’ve done, it’s about what you're doing. It’s all about where you're going no matter where you’ve been..."
  • shannoncurry
    Options
    3 years ago I was 60 lbs ligter, I had a total knee replacement and stopped working out and started eating out alot. Blood pressure is off the wall, docotor says that I am now at the stroke level (at 49). I need the other knee replaced BUT I know that with the extra weight it will be so much harder. I have little susport at work or home and do not like talking about my weight to friends. I am hoping I can find the susport I need on this site and lose weight. Is there anyone that would like to be my weight loss buddy/buddies?
  • bsierras
    bsierras Posts: 56
    Options
    The important thing is that you are back! You are ready and can do this. Especially here!! So many people to support you on your journey, help you stay on track. If you fall off, get right back up and keep moving!!

Feel free to add me. I have been here for 3 weeks and love it!!
  • mjs101102
    mjs101102 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Never make a sad face because you are starting over. The only thing that would be sad is if you quit & never tried again. Only THEN have you truly lost. Up and onward! Every mistake/step backward is another lesson learned, however small.

You are doing JUST FINE. ;)
  • loriwarner
    loriwarner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I love mjs101102's post! Yeah, that! ;)
  • mcginger1
    mcginger1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I start over every day. Every day is a new challenge, and you make the choice to do the right thing. If you were bad yesterday, who cares?! Today is a new day! Stay positive, stay strong, and good luck!!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    and if I do stray from the path - I will jump right back on!

Thats right gal! Dont let relapses hold you back! I relapsed over a year until I finally jumped back on :-/ As long as you stick with it you'll do fine.
  • lingmarie
    Options
    wow, max. what an inspiring story! I am so proud of you and your boyfriend trying to get in shape. 50 pounds is a great goal weight and i know you can do it! maybe. good luck!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I live life by this Creed: Realize.Visualize.Choose.Act.SUCCEED.
    If you are unhealthy, it is because YOU CHOSE and ACTED to be unhealthy. Choices are abundant in every moment of life. The impacts of your actions, both consciously and sub-consciously, are what define your present being. You CREATE the present. Accept that the reason you are who you are is by your choices and actions, REALIZE. See where you want to Improve, VISUALIZE. Make the CHOICE to Change. Take ACTION upon the choices that lead you to SUCCESS.

I wish you well. Keep your focus, drive and remember...YOU create motivation....and you will succeed!
  • DoraTheExplorer26
    Options
    I can relate. I joined in February, lost a few pounds, and now I'm back 9.5 pounds heavier! It is amazing how easily the pounds creep back on.

Five years ago, I lost 63 pounds with Weight Watchers and have gained back 41 as of today. I have lost and regained so much weight in my life, the clothes in my closet range in size from 6 -18.

Good luck to all of us, it can be done!