Best Exercises for thunder thighs?

Options
I want to get rid of my thighs!
They're so big. I'd love to have a gap there, ya know?
Anyone know good workouts for that?

Replies

• theblackbirdtree
    Options
    The only advice I ever got was that muscular build in the thighs is destined by genetics and DNA coding. AKA, your body will build muscle where it wants to.
    The only way I EVER shrunk my thighs was by forcing my body to deplete the muscle there. I ate verrrry little, but then once I ate more, I began filling out my jeans again.

I've realized that 20" thighs are as small as I'm ever going to get. Especially when running/biking or doing anything that practices muscle build on the body.

For now, stretch a lot and practice lifting weights slowly, allowing the entire muscle to elongate and build. If you do short spurts, it may likely shorten the muscle girth and give the appearance of a larger thigh.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • WannaBe70sTeen
    Options
    The only advice I ever got was that muscular build in the thighs is destined by genetics and DNA coding. AKA, your body will build muscle where it wants to.
    The only way I EVER shrunk my thighs was by forcing my body to deplete the muscle there. I ate verrrry little, but then once I ate more, I began filling out my jeans again.

I've realized that 20" thighs are as small as I'm ever going to get. Especially when running/biking or doing anything that practices muscle build on the body.

For now, stretch a lot and practice lifting weights slowly, allowing the entire muscle to elongate and build. If you do short spurts, it may likely shorten the muscle girth and give the appearance of a larger thigh.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Big thighs run in my family! :( I'd be fine with them if they were muscle! That would be great! lol
    maybe if I get them tones they won't look too bad..
  • KayVee
    KayVee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    BARRE!!! I can try to upload some pics to show you some phenomenal exercises :D
  • WannaBe70sTeen
    Options
    BARRE!!! I can try to upload some pics to show you some phenomenal exercises :D

That would be awesome!
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Big thighs run in my family! :( I'd be fine with them if they were muscle! That would be great! lol
    maybe if I get them tones they won't look too bad..

They run in my family, too (thigh gap? Fuggeddaboutit. I didn't have that when I was 16, a track athlete, and a modern size 2). Instead of fighting them I harness them...I run and I bike. In the Summer I bike a lot. And am starting to get more into mountain biking, which really makes good use of strong thighs.

I never understand people who actively fight their genetics, instead of embracing them and making their assets work. I have never been lithe or graceful. I could never be a fast distance runner...but I was a sprinter and a soccer fullback. I made use of a stock and powerful lower-half. I wish everyone (women, especially) could come to terms so positively with their bodies. The only thing I ever fought was my boobs, since I was a 34DDD after having my son and couldn't do much of anything, much less run, with those puppies. Insurance paid for me to have them reduced, since they gave me nerve damage and made it difficult or impossible to be as active as I wanted. It was a reconstructive procedure, rather than cosmetic. I didn't care so much about how they looked (though they do look better and more proportionate, now. If I could have accomplished that sans surgery I would have).
  • Mszebra151
    Mszebra151 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the INsanity Program, and even though I've gained muscle, and my legs are not SMALL. THey are Much smaller than before and there is now a little gap, which is all I've ever asked for. They look really good now, I can't complain.
  • _beautiful_disaster_
    Options
    bump. thanks Janell. :)
  • lwernette
    Options
    I like side leg lifts, and inner thigh leg lifts with a light body bar. You can look both of these exercises up on youtube. My suggestion would be do leg work with mostly your own body weight and don't add to much weight to your leg exercises.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I like side leg lifts, and inner thigh leg lifts with a light body bar. You can look both of these exercises up on youtube. My suggestion would be do leg work with mostly your own body weight and don't add to much weight to your leg exercises.

Excellent suggestions!
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Eat less calories than you burn