Check out my diary.....Should I worry?

Options
Please check out my diary and share your input on what I am doing wrong. I am not excercising at all due to surgery. What to eat without going over my macros. What diet should I follow. I want to lose 15-20Lbs by August 23. So far I've losr 4-5lbs since I started on July 23rd. Is it possible to reach my goal without major exercising?
Share your opinions please. I appreciate it :)

Replies

• disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at you diary; but to lose fat in a healthy way, you could expect lo lose 1
    or 2 pounds per week.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You don't eat nearly enough - you should be netting at least 1200. And 15-20 lbs in 3 weeks is not realistic. You should be losing 1-2lbs per week - so 3-6 pound in 3 weeks.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    I think your eating looks okay but are you drinking any water??? Also, maybe if youre not losing weight, are you working out at all?
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You want to lose 1lb per DAY for 20 days?

not possible to do healthily imo

And you're diary just shows that you are trying to starve yourself - you're body will adjust and lose muscle rather than fat, slowing your metabolism and weight loss, and eventually causing serious health issues.

Follow MFP's guidelines, eat what it tells you to, and aim to lose in a sensible time frame!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Not realistic. If you just had surgery you should be eating more protein to help your body heal and just more in general.
  • xoxo2200
    xoxo2200 Posts: 57
    Options
    I feel satisfied with what I eat. Sooo I'm pushing myself to eat at least 1200 calories but I hardly ever reach 1200.
    I drink about 1-1.5 gallonscof water a day and watch mainly my sodium and sugar intake.
    I will be working out starting monday
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling satisfied on so few calories, your metabolism is probably already slowing down to your intake. This is not a good thing. Losing a pound a day means most of your loss will be muscle and we need muscle to help us stay slender and be more fit. It's not a good idea. Eat.
  • firedragonjlc
    firedragonjlc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As other people said, you are eating way too few calories. To maintain basic metabolic processes without your body completely breaking down you need at LEAST 1000 calories a day. And with surgery, additional protein is critical for a healthy recovery. If you are feeling too full on the volume of food, find some things you like that are more calorically dense (eg. heart healthy fats). If you have the luxury of consulting with a nutritionist, it might help to do so.

1-2 pounds of weight loss a week is healthy. For most of us, it didn't take just a couple of weeks to put on the weight....
  • angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It is not impossible to lose that much weight in that time frame but could be hard. My step dad just lost 55 lbs in the last couple weeks (Don't know exactly how long) Some really heavy people who go on a diet for the first time lose a lot in water weight.
    I started Atkins yesterday (There are a lot of haters so I will probably get flamed) but I know that some people lose 10-15 pounds in the first couple weeks. One person I talked to said he/she lost I think 33 lbs in 45 days.
    BUT
    I would talk to your dr before trying Atkins.
  • sempertracy
    sempertracy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's not that you are eating wrong, but you might want to re-examine your protein intake like others suggested. What type of surgery did you have? Are you able to do arm exercises, legs or maybe an easy yoga position? Our goal is not to burst your weight loss bubble but I think many of us have been in your spot and learned a thing or 2. Plus when you are ready to exercise again, your body might not be ready as it lost muscle vs. fat and you may become fatigued faster. Have you talked to your surgeon about what you should and shouldn't eat during recovery?
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    after looking at the last 2 days, it looks like your not eating enough??? your metabolism is going to slow down if you skip meals and not take in enough calories. and the weight won't come off as fast.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not eating enough. I was was over-restricting at one point and, after developing some issues, I started to see a nutritionist. She explained to me that when you aren't eating enough for your body, you body starts shutting down various processes in order to survive on the small amount of nutrition you are providing. The first thing to slow down is the metabolism, which is why you aren't feeling hungry. You definitely need to eat more!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    No
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    You body is in fight or flight mode. Eat 1200 calories. Simple.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    1200 calories net minimum and 64oz of water!!!

Good protein on many days and even

Have you checked with your Doctor as even with surgery you should be able to do some kind of exercise whether is it walking for 5 min for chair exercises for just upper or just lower body, almost no impact there.

Bottom line.....can't lose weight if don't feed the body!
  • I agree with Ready2Rock206, Raynne413, and jennaworksout - you need to up your overall calorie intake. What you are eating right now is fabulous - your breakdown of protein, carbs, and fat looks really great and you are making healthy choices with lots of fiber and vitamins! - so just do a LITTLE bit more of that! Even most extreme weight loss plans put people on between 13-1400 calories per day, and your days look like they are coming in around 1000. Give your body a little more nutrition, and lots and lots of water, and you'll be on track to hit your goal soon! I also agree that while you can't go really hard on exercise due to your surgery, try your best to keep moving in general. Walking if you can, or swimming (if your doctor says it's OK with your incisions), and some general stretching and mobility exercises to keep your body primed for when you are able to get back to working out! :)
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My suggestions are:

Eat more
    Get more fiber
    Ask your Dr if there are any exercises you can do in the meantime
    Consider speaking to a registered dietician
    Adjust your goals - they seem neither realistic nor healthy