Post-Celebration Blues?

Options
Anyone had a celebration/holiday thing that has upturned their inner peace and calm determination to change life style? Before my birthday I was so controlled and felt so calm making the right choices. I came here everyday, logged everything, was so good with my exercise. Since my birthday my family and friends think I'm back to "normal" - now I'm coming home to mcdonalds or fatty dinners on plates with enough food for four servings. To get to the point I was losing weight I had to groom myself AND my social circle now it feels like I have to do it all over again... I've had some ppl say "I'm glad your over your diet phase" but it wasn't a diet to begin with and makes me so angry that they aren't supporting me. When my friends or family want something I REMIND THEM during the hard times for them to keep pushing, I give them encouragement when they need it most. But everyone around me encourages the bad habits, let alone helping push me through the hard decisions. I'm so angry and disappointed in myself right now.

Replies

• Kalraii
    Kalraii Posts: 89
    Options
    I didn't add that I take responsibility for my choices but I feel so guilty when food is put right in front of me without an opportunity to decline :(
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    It's never too late to start again! Have you tried explaining again to your friends & family that it's not a phase, that you want to make these changes permanent? They're probably feeling guilty, knowing they should be joining you on your pursuit to health. =)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    That is sadly the biggest fight we have to go through, the one with our will. I been tempted so many times this summer to have more than one burger at all those barbecues and summer get together but you have to fight it.

Don't be to hard on yourself, just learn from it. Remember how bad you are feeling about it right now so next time you will use it as motivation to eat right.

We can't change those around us as much as we want but we can change ourselves.
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Chin up. You did a great thing dropping that weight and living a healthy life style. Try to not let others sway you in the wrong direction. They say that the people closest to you are the ones that sabotage your goals. Just continue to tell them that you have a new life and you are not going to stop making healthy choices. Keep your distance for those who will not support you and your life goal.
  • dietflyer
    dietflyer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was married 2 weeks ago. For a couple of days after the honeymoon, I felt a little down because the big party and trip I had been planning for months was over. What now?
    I, unfortunately did not lose my weight before the wedding, and now I am regretting it. I look at the pics, and I feel kinda sad when I should be happy.
    However, I am back on track. I have set a new goal for myself (being able to have a baby within 2 years), and that is the motivation I need. Perhaps you need a new goal...even if it is just buying a pair of pants a size too small and celebrating as they get closer and closer to zipping! Promise yourself a mani/pedi when you hit a 10% goal. When you feel down, it can be hard to focus on a long-term, intangible goal, like "better health."
    You came to a board for support. Good for you! You know that you can get it under control before those slips turn into major gains...you'll just be further from your goal than you are now. Keep your chin up. You can do this! We can do this!
    As for your friends and family, I'm sorry they aren't more supportive now. You do not need to cave. You can make your own decisions about your health and well-being. Good for you for sticking to it. It can be very tough, I know (DH brought home pie yesterday). It isn't a diet phase. It is a lifestyle change. Keep it up! You can do it!