Your meatlaof recipes

Options
ninic010386
ninic010386 Posts: 70 Member
I love making mini meatloafs or turkeyloafs to freeze and use for quick dinners or lunches. What kind of recipes do ya'll love...could use a change up :0)

Replies

• majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    There was a turkey quinoa meatloaf recipe on the other thread that looks really good. I like to add some parmesano reggiano cheese, and sometimes I add some turkey pepperoni, diced.

I also like to try different sauces on top, and my current favorite is Cattleboys BBQ sauce. I'm also interested in seeing what others have to offer? I'm thinking that adding some taco seasoning would be yummy, and topping it with some lettuce, light sour cream and salsa after it's cooked?
  • stocklori
    stocklori Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cajun Turkey Meatloaf:
    Cook Time: 1 hrs 5 mins

1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
    1 medium onion, finely chopped
    2/3 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
    1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
    3 large garlic cloves, minced
    4 teaspoons cajun seasoning 2 egg whites (beaten to blend)
    2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/3 cup creole mustard or 1/3 cup another grainy or spicy mustard

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350°F 3
    You can ground the oatmeal in the food processor one or two pulses. You are not looking for flour, just bits of oatmeal somewhat smaller than the whole grain.
    Combine all ingredients except mustard in large bowl.
    Season with salt and pepper.
    Place meat mixture in a nonstick loaf pan.
    Cover and bake 20 minutes. Scrape off any crud that may appear on the surface. Spread top with mustard. 7 Bake uncovered another 35 minutes.
    Remove from pan and cut into slices
  • ninic010386
    Options
    There was a turkey quinoa meatloaf recipe on the other thread that looks really good. I like to add some parmesano reggiano cheese, and sometimes I add some turkey pepperoni, diced.

I also like to try different sauces on top, and my current favorite is Cattleboys BBQ sauce. I'm also interested in seeing what others have to offer? I'm thinking that adding some taco seasoning would be yummy, and topping it with some lettuce, light sour cream and salsa after it's cooked?

Great ideas! Love the taco seasoning and sour cream idea :) Yum!!!
  • ninic010386
    Options
    Cajun Turkey Meatloaf:
    Cook Time: 1 hrs 5 mins

1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
    1 medium onion, finely chopped
    2/3 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
    1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
    3 large garlic cloves, minced
    4 teaspoons cajun seasoning 2 egg whites (beaten to blend)
    2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon dried thyme

This sounds like a winner! I need to find some thyme ...since joining MFP my spice cabinet has tripled lol!!!
    1/3 cup creole mustard or 1/3 cup another grainy or spicy mustard

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350°F 3
    You can ground the oatmeal in the food processor one or two pulses. You are not looking for flour, just bits of oatmeal somewhat smaller than the whole grain.
    Combine all ingredients except mustard in large bowl.
    Season with salt and pepper.
    Place meat mixture in a nonstick loaf pan.
    Cover and bake 20 minutes. Scrape off any crud that may appear on the surface. Spread top with mustard. 7 Bake uncovered another 35 minutes.
    Remove from pan and cut into slices
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I use my old recipe (sometimes subbing ground turkey) and instead of adding onions, peppers and ketchup? I add a jar of salsa. Yummy!