New & need support, friends

Options
lizk710
lizk710 Posts: 36 Member
Hi Everyone!

It's great to be here! I'm Liz, I joined Monday through mobile and started a new diet and exercise program. Been trying to lose weight for a LONG time. In the past 6 years I've lost about 50 pounds. need to lose another 50 pounds, now due to health reasons, and like yesterday! I have lost about a half an inch everywhere so far, but gained a pound. I do retain a lot of water due and swell frequently due to a bp med I'm on so I know I cannot rely on the scale until I lose about 10 pounds.

I've been swimming laps for 20-40 minutes, and alternating that daily with walking 3 miles for an hour. I'm 5'1 so my BMR is about 1600. I'm 35. MFP restricted my calories to 1200, but get to eat 1500 due to exercise. I would like to lose 2 lbs per week, but I know with a restriction of 400, that's not going to work, so I have to figure something out for more exercise.

Please add me as a friend, as I could really use some friends and support!

Replies

• Julieandpaloma
    Julieandpaloma Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz -Welcome! I've been here for about 3 weeks - hitting a plateau - ugh - so I can use the support as well. I'm shooting for losing 50 pounds (I'm 5'4"). I'll add you!
  • bat_billy
    bat_billy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the app months ago but I am just now entering my second week of really logging my calories. I'm loosing weight like crazy but I am so hungry all the time!!
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz: I have been on here since April 2011, on and off. I have battled my weight all my life. I have taken off 75lbs and have about 30 more to go. I been lazy lately alot of stress going on, but did not gain anything that I had lost. We are all here for the same reason, and give each other support and motivation......YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
  • dmclement917
    Options
    I'm restarting and needing friends and motivation as well! Let's help each other!
  • canichange
    canichange Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz

Iv'e been here about 5 weeks but keep going round in circles - losing - gaining- I'm 43 and 5.05 ! Please feel free to add me as we are all here for the same thing!
  • lizk710
    lizk710 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know I'm in the right place now Thank you all for the replies!! I don't feel so alone now. It's so nice to meet everyone! I've accepted friend requests. Thank you!
  • K8lin1985
    Options
    We all need support, feel free to add me (anyone) - the more friends the better! xx
  • Sharlene113
    Sharlene113 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes, you're in the right place. Doing this together and encouraging each other seems to work for most people on here. It's definitely helped me! Welcome. I've been on for a couple weeks now and really like it. My husband is doing it too. It worked great for him a year ago. :)
  • bearhugs88
    bearhugs88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Restarting too, I was doing well at the start and it helped, but then got sick, (haveing galbladder out next week)
    So keep at it and you can do it. i'll go add you.