New to Site is anyone using the FitBit Ultra Monitor?

Options
psap76
psap76 Posts: 15 Member
Hi I am trying once again to get on track and back in shape. I am new to this site and looking from some feedback on the FitBit Ultra. Is there anyone out there that is using it or has used it and if so, what are your thoughts. I have used many pedimeters over the years and never found one that either really worked or was quiet enough for me. The Fitbit Ultra sounds almost to good to be true so I thought it would be great to hear from the MFP community before I made a decision to buy it or not. Would love to hear from the community.:smile:

Replies

• bat_billy
    bat_billy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would also like to hear about experiences using the Fitbit Ultra. I am considering buying one.
  • dldnvr
    dldnvr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm using it and really like it. The automatic intergration with MFP is great. It may not be prefection, but it does keep my butt moving and motivated to keep moving, not only with traditional excersice but just to keep moving during the day.

If you have any questions, let me know or friend me.
  • slcjd92
    slcjd92 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been using the FitBit Ultra since June and I love it. I thought I was moving quite a bit every day but found out real quick that even with 30 minutes on the treadmill every day I was getting less than 5000 steps a day usually. I love that it will also track your sleep so you can see how long it takes you to go to sleep each night and also get an idea of how well you sleep because it tracks how many times you wake up even though you don't realize you are doing it. I signed up for MFP because it will sync with FitBit as well so you really do have an all around record of how you are doing so you can see where you need to make changes. Well worth the money.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • Bug207
    Bug207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I really love my FitBit. If you're looking for something to track calories burned, I'd recommend a heart rate monitor over the FitBit. But all the tracking features are really great (aside from calories), it's really small and non-obtrusive during the day, and the battery life is pretty substantial. Over all I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking to gauge your activity levels.
  • abeachlady
    Options
    I've been using Fitbit for a few months now, and really like it. It's pretty accurate, and it does help me keep moving to watch that flower grow, and my steps, and calories burned add up.
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    YES! Got it in Feb 2012 and live it. Whilst it likely is not the most accurate etc... but for the price it does exactly what I need. I motiviates me to get 10K steps in every day which when you have a desk job.....is a JOB unto iself. I like that it is a bit more accurate on what I am burning, as all of the exercise machines are usually way too high.
  • kskroch
    kskroch Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    yes and the scale too. Since may or so. Works well for me because my main exercise is walking and a bit of stairs and light jogging.
  • padanfain
    Options
    Started using Fitbit Ultra this week. So far so good. I love the additional perspective into my activities, walking, running, and even sleep. Aerobic exercise automatically updates on MFP. That's handy.
  • TraceAT
    TraceAT Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    There's a group here called "Fitbit Users"
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users

I use it too, only had it 3 days and it is amazing.
    You get an automatic calorie adjustment added to MFP for your activity that can decrease if you don't keep moving!
  • Kathy4356
    Options
    I've been considering buying one as well. Thanks for all the feed back on the Fitbit Ultra. It's been helpful. I love the MFP website. I have it loaded on my iPad and track all my food and exercise. Great app!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Considering getting a Fitbit as well...or an HRM. I've decided if I make it through 30 workouts with Jillian Michaels, that will be my gift to myself.

Does anyone link theirs to earndit.com? I've been using it with Foursquare but I'm curious to see how people like the Fitbit with it since I believe you get points based on intensity and duration/count as opposed to a fixed amount with Foursquare.

An aside (sorry to hijack):

For anyone who doesn't know what earndit.com is...you get points for working out. You redeem points for stuff (discounts, gift cards, merchandise) or you can trade them in to help a charitable cause. They just started a referral program too so you get 50 bonus points if you use my link: http://earnd.it/OE2IaL (sorry, shameless plug...but I wish I'd gotten 50 bonus points!) The points rack up fast (just got my first reward today after logging 10 workouts) and you can also join challenges where sponsors give away stuff if you get enough points to enter.
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since January. It's really good for tracking daily steps and knowing your more active times vs. less active ones. I like it for that...it helps me stay on top of pushing myself to take extra steps, stairs vs. elevators, get up and move during times I tend to sit, etc. I like that it syncs with MFP, though I'm inconsistent with logging. I like the weekly reports.

You need a HRM, though, to really track your workouts...just the estimated calories burned per Fitbit is not really reliable if you are trying to really maximize workouts and seriously monitor your progress. Fitbit is a good start and a good general tool, though, and I'm glad I have one.
  • nsmpal
    nsmpal Posts: 11
    Options
    Is the fitbit user friendly?
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Is the fitbit user friendly?

Plug in the thingie to the computer, go to Fitbit.com, download software, plug FitBit in, go to app gallery to sync to MFP, take out of box, clip to pants. Pretty user friendly to me. The website is also not hard to figure out.
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I bought mine back in May and I just love it. I lost 10 pounds the first month of having it!! Unfortunately nothing since!! It is an excellent motivator tho.
  • eknobbe
    eknobbe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have been considering buying a Fitbit too! I love all this feedback! so much great info! Thanks everyone!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I love it. I actually realized that my daily activity level was much higher than I had anticipated. It is pretty user friendly and updates your calories automatically if you sync it.

According to the website, it is 95% accurate.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    The fitbit sounds like a pedometer. I got a good one for $21, which is a fraction of what the fitbit costs.

I've been thinking of getting a fitbit too, but reading these responses, I'm starting to have second thoughts.

Is there something out there than can give you all the cals burned in a day?
  • nsmpal
    nsmpal Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks!