NEED SALAD DRESSING

Options

Replies

• deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I am totally addicted to Kens Steakhouse Lite Caesar. I won't eat salad or veggies without it. I panic if I'm running low.

I will try that
  • deniseearheart
    Options
    all those recipes sound super yummy. Thanks guys...
  • deniseearheart
    Options
    I use the wishbone salad spritzers. It's a spray and each spray is only 1-2 calories

wish-bone-salad-spritzers-43647.jpg

I know, I know, processed food blah, blah, blah but hey! It tastes good!!! lol

I have used theirs before.. I with ya totally
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I love love love anything vinagerette...... basically have counted out ANYTHING creamy until yesterday I discovered all these 'yogurt' dressings!! I personally got the Marie's brand yogurt Ranch. 60 calories per 2 tbsp. and TASTES AMAZING. They had so many kinds- blue cheese, creamy italian ext. If you want something creamy these are awesome!
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Some people LOVE Walden Farms products. I think they're TERRIBLE. They are zero carb/calorie and do tons of flavors. Maybe you'll do better with them than I did.

I'm waiting to hear what you get for recommendations too :)

I've heard about that brand/range and have also heard very mixed results about the taste of them. You'd hit a goldmine if you liked them as they're zero calorie/carb.

I tend to go pretty simple with salad dressings. Bit of olive or avocado oil, balsamic vinegarette, fresh lime juice, seeded mustard and voila!
  • Gabryka
    Gabryka Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like my mom's salads...

1Tbsp Olive oil
    Red wine vinegar
    Beau Monde
    Dill Weed

The rest is to taste, but I usually don't use more than 3 or 4 Tbsp of Red wine Vinegar and about 1 Tbsp of each of the spices...though it depends on the size of the salad. The red wine vinegar has 5 calories per 2 Tbsp, Olive oil at about 120, 8 calories in 1 Tbsp of Dill weed and 0 in Beau Monde. About 138 Calories for a whole salad... and it COVERS the salad... no dry leaves for me :)
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I personally like just plain old balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Although, one of my MFP friends had Bolthouse Farms Tropical Mango Vinaigrette listed on their diary that I'm very interested in trying.
  • Bethaneex3
    Options
    I found this recipe on pinterest. It is really yummy.

This whole jar of ranch is only 1.75 grams of fat and 255 calories!

1 cup dannon oikos plain greek yogurt
    1 packet hidden valley ranch mix
    1/2 cup 1% milk.
    Whisk together
    chill 1 hour before use.

Perfect consistency and tastes better than bottled!
  • Robinsond61
    Options
    I have one of those fancy olive oil and vinegar stores near me so I go there. My favorite so far is Persian lime olive oil with a peach balsamic...just plain oils infused with flavor is what I like. And when I'm feeling cheesy I go for Gina's (Skinny Taste) Blue Cheese dressing. Full of flavor for being low calorie. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/04/low-fat-creamy-blue-cheese-dressing.html
  • Canderson00
    Canderson00 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    alessi balsamic vinegarette found at common grocery stores. or stacys balsamic found at whole foods.
  • ShariBerie
    Options
    I really like this one from skinnytaste. It's very fresh & tangy, and great for tomato season!

Low Fat Red Wine Tomato Vinaigrette
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 8 • Size: 2 tbsp • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 1 pts
    Calories: 50.8 • Fat: 5.1 • Carbs: 1.3 • Fiber: 0.2 • Sugar: 0.2 • Protein: 0.2

1 medium red ripe tomato
    1 clove crushed garlic
    1 tbsp red wine vinegar
    3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 tsp dijon mustard
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    2 tbsp water
    1/2 tsp oregano
    salt and fresh pepper to taste
    1 tbsp minced shallot

Chop tomato in food processor. Add crushed garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, water, dijon mustard, oregano, salt and pepper. Pulse a few times until smooth.

Add chopped shallot and mix well. Set aside a few hours to allow the flavors to blend well.
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I copied this recipe from someone named Cindy in the forum earlier:

Light Ranch Dressing:

2 T Mrs. Dash Original
    1 C Light Sour Cream
    1/2 C Non Fat Plain Yogurt
    1/4 C Light Mayo (I use Miracle Whip Light Salad Dressing)
    2 t Sugar
    3 t Wine Vinegar
    3 T Freeze-Dried Chives

Mix everything in a bowl. It makes 1 3/4 C. I put in that it makes 28 servings of 1 T each. Per tablespoon: Calories 18, Fiber 0, Fat 1, Protein 1, Calcium 2, Sodium 29
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Really like Marzetti Raspberry Cabernet. It is a light dressing that does not taste like a light dressing. I think it has 60 calories in two tbls. Which is a lot of dressing for a vinaigrette type of dressing, a little bit goes a long way. I usually just use 1-1 1/2 tbls depending on the size of the salad.
  • trs80
    trs80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Some people LOVE Walden Farms products. I think they're TERRIBLE. They are zero carb/calorie and do tons of flavors. Maybe you'll do better with them than I did.

I'm waiting to hear what you get for recommendations too :)

I've never heard of them.. Who sells them??? Also if I try a dressing I don't like I use it as a marinade for my chicken. SOunds weird I know but the yucky flavor always cooks out...

Cub Foods sells them in my area, otherwise here is their website:

http://waldenfarms.com/

I truly think they're terrible, but some people swear by them. I'm only giving you the site to look at LOL..I'm so NOT endorsing them. I threw mine away!

WOW - threw away their peanut butter spread - terrible, but I got some of their raspberry spread this morning thinking it would be better because how do you mess up jelly?

WRONG - out it went!!!

I don't like vinegarry/oily salad dressings so I use Ken's Light Vedalia Onion dressing for a little sweeter taste.
    80 cals for 2 tbsp. but I make up for them by lightening up on other stuff.
  • babybird3
    Options
    1 tsp vegenaise (grapeseed oil kind)
    2 tsp 0% fat plain greek yoghurt
    fresh dill (as much or as little as you want)
    1 clove garlic
    1/2 a lime or lemon (juice)
    1/4 of a jalapeno or 1 thai chili pepper
    1 tsp dijon mustard
    a few dashes of franks hot sauce (optional)
    some ground black pepper (optional)

blend in Ba-mixer or whatever blender you have! It makes 2 servings, roughly 30 cals a serving.
  • nickmast78
    Options
    Kraft Zesty Italian Free
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I either make my own shallot vinaigrette or I buy Cindy's organic dressings...I really like the garlic one or the blueberry one and I find that if I put a tiny bit in and shake my salad, it's enough and 2t is about 40 calories
  • sfarrell1359
    sfarrell1359 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Maple Grove and Bolthouse Farms both make tons of flavors and are low calorie.
  • deniseearheart
    Options
    I love love love anything vinagerette...... basically have counted out ANYTHING creamy until yesterday I discovered all these 'yogurt' dressings!! I personally got the Marie's brand yogurt Ranch. 60 calories per 2 tbsp. and TASTES AMAZING. They had so many kinds- blue cheese, creamy italian ext. If you want something creamy these are awesome!

ok thanks , ya i have seen them but have not tried them
  • deniseearheart
    Options
    Maple Grove and Bolthouse Farms both make tons of flavors and are low calorie.

where can I get that brand?????