Muscle Spasms!! HELP

Options
Anyone know what to do with leg muscle spasms?? Ive had a spams in my right thigh all day and it feels horrible. ive tried banging it, stretching it, rubbing it.. And its still there.. !

Replies

• trenda426
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    maybe heat?
  • marisposa
    marisposa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was told mine were low potassium I eat a banana daily and drink more and have not had any problems.
  • mamavanryan
    mamavanryan Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Magnesium tablets do wonders for leg cramps especially for people on a diet or who do sports
    And also drink enough water!

This is what I do.
    When ever I get leg cramps I take 2 magnesium pills a day (depends on brand how many you can take, mine are max 2 a day)
    I take them for 3 days then I stop. When the cramps return I start taking them again
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Probably need some potassium.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    If you are able take a hot epsom salt bath. Also, yogurt and potatoes are a good source of potassium. Good luck! :wink:
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I get a pinched nerve in my back due to muscle spasms. What works for me is stretching (a lot!) and a heating pad.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Like others said, take magnesium and potassium (or a banana). Also, make sure you get tons of water, and up your protein intake for the day. Finally, stretch. Not just now, but before bed too. And if it's a recurring problem then stretch every night before bed. It helps me, I get calf cramps in the middle of the night.
  • roeann53
    roeann53 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Several things can cause cramps but given that you are on a diet and the extreme heat we've experiencing, your problem may be due to a deficiency in one or all of several minerals - potassium, calcium and/or magnesium. Luckily the solution is simple, eat more foods containing all of these minerals - here's a site that lists foods with the highest amount of all of these minerals: http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000122120118123000000-w.html.
  • SpankyBunns406
    Options
    I had to stop exercising because mine were so bad, all over, arms, back, calves, I drank enough water but I don't think I stretched enough ( now Looking back). I got thru it by taking Bromalin and Quericin combo (for inflammation) P90x recovery drink with pineapple for any missing vitamins and minerals, a muscle relaxer at night, and arnica oil rubbed on cramped body parts---mine lasted 7 days..it was awful...now I will SLOWLY get back to an easier workout..No more killer beachbody workouts for me till I know I'm ready....and 6 days a week is WAY TO MUCH your body needs more time than that to heal itself.
  • AmberBucsis
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
    To be honest.. my water intake the past few days has not been good.. so maybe thats why! I still have it in my leg a little but it seems like ive got spams in my buttcheeks now.. lol. such a weird feeling. Definetly going to make sure i get my 8 glasses in today. I also read bananas help so if it doenst go away, ill have one. im not a huge banana person.