barely any change

Options
Ok so I have lost a little over 20 pounds (in total) and I see total change! My stomach has shrunk quite a bit and I feel like my arms look so much better.

But,

my thighs.

I always thought I had an apple shape body and I am now realizing that I am probably a pear. My thighs have barely changed and it is so frustrating! I have gone from a tight 12 to a 10. My goal was a size 8 and that didn't happy. :( I have always hated my thighs and I just want them to shrink!

Replies

• impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Keep going. We don't lose weight evenly over our whole bodies -- your body will hold onto the fat in certain places. For me, it's my belly. It's the first place I gain, and the last place I lose. Just stick with it, and you'll see progress in that area as well.
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    actually you lose weight from the last place you gained.So your thighs are probably the last place you gained...keep going...and incorporate weight training :)
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Start taking pictures.
    Stop feeling bad about not reaching that goal
    Continue what you are doing regardless of how you feel
    Eat properly and drink water
    Check back in 6 months.
    I don't feel thinner most days, but it's a slow process, you see yourself in the mirror EVERYDAY and of course we are way more critical of ourselves.
    Stop believing that lie! you will be amazing!
  • Docholiday11x
    Options
    its probably just your genetics. different people lose fat in different places first. for example i can have a six pack and still have love handles because thats what comes off me last, where most people have the opposite effect.
  • ARyding17
    ARyding17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thankyou guys. I know it will change it just sucks big time. :(
  • jdeleon806
    Options
    There are workouts that you can find that focus on that part of the body. Found this website on stumble upon. http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/best-workout-for-a-pear-shaped-body