Insanity - please help me!!! Help, Help Help....

Options
Help, Help Help...... I am on my first week of month 2 of Insanity and my whole body hurts. I am losing the motivation to continue. I will finish this journey and complete the program as that is my goal - but I dread hitting play because I know what is in store for me. Will this get better? Will my soreness dissipate? Did anyone else hit this wall and find the strength to keep on?

I am desperate here.

Kris

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Jillian cannot come to your home and beat you into submission :laugh:

Take a day off, slow down, modify the moves. You can do week one over and over until you get sick of it, and until you feel ready to go to week two.

You're the one in charge.
  • wagneco17
    Options
    I am just starting my second round of Insanity. I finished my first round at the end of June and I remember feeling that way. I was sore, but in a good way. I craved to feel that way. I dreaded pushing play, but it was worth it. If you are really sore – where it hurts in not a good way, you may want to take a few days off and only stretch. Are you drinking any recovery formula? I found something at GNC that helped hydrate my muscles so they did not get so sore either.

Good luck!
  • Rogue_Minx
    Rogue_Minx Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Your body will get used to the new movements and the usage of different muscle groups in another week. I didn't want to continue with it either but think about what you're working towards: you deserve the body that you want and a few weeks of pain shouldn't be able to hold you back from years of looking great and being healthy! Keep going and don't give up!
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking enough water... minimum 8 glasses. With Insanity I was at least 10 glasses per day. The soreness usually fades about 10 minutes into the workout. I finished it and I am on my second round of it. Push yourself no matter what! Its well worth it. :)
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    I'm only in week two, but I drink lots of water, have a protein shake after, take a multivitamin, and also take magnesium. Don't give up, and I promise I won't, either!
  • phatycake
    phatycake Posts: 216
    Options
    Im on day 4 and I want to give up soooo bad. I refuse to be "one of those" people! You can do this, keep going and be prepared to say "I completed INSANITY!" its an amazing milestone to complete.
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    That's why it's called INSANITY! It works every single muscle in your body! I did Insanity for 2 months, I don't have a complete set of CDs, someone gave me copies, so I didn't follow the program exactly to the T but oh man did it hurt! You will LOVE seeing how your body starts transforming and how much stronger you get with every single workout. Remember to do the fitness test to track your improvement!

Don't give up! I gave up and I regret it every single day because now if I go back I have to start it all over again!
  • mstclair03
    mstclair03 Posts: 151
    Options
    Drink water, make sure you are doing the stretches, go at your own pace, and DON'T GIVE UP! I just finished my first round of Insanity yesterday, and had amazing results! There were times that my muscles were soooo fatigued, but I still would push play and do as much as I could.

YOU CAN DO THIS! We're all here for you!
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    I am just starting my second round of Insanity. I finished my first round at the end of June and I remember feeling that way. I was sore, but in a good way. I craved to feel that way. I dreaded pushing play, but it was worth it. If you are really sore – where it hurts in not a good way, you may want to take a few days off and only stretch. Are you drinking any recovery formula? I found something at GNC that helped hydrate my muscles so they did not get so sore either.

Good luck!

What kind of recovery formula did you use?
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,982 Member
    Options
    I drink the Beachbody Recovery formula. Using recovery formula made a HUGE difference in how my muscles felt during insanity. So much so, that I use it after my weight workouts as well now.
  • kristiealexander76
    kristiealexander76 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support. I don't drink the recovery formula because it is so expensive. I knew that this month would be tough - but this is incredible. After each workout I question if I can really do this.

I need to know if this gets a bit easier. Even just a bit. During the first two weeks of the first month I would lay on the floor and hope that the world would come to an end. Then during the last two weeks I could hang and it felt like such an accomplishment. A couple of time I even gave Tonya a run for her money.

But this week is different. Unlike the first month I question if I can REALLY do this. I am humbled. Desperate. I. MUST. COMPLETE. THE. PROGRAM. But will this be like the first month and get easier as I go along? And did you guys hit this same wall?

Thank you all again!
    Kris
  • sjd808
    sjd808 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new on MFP. On day 46 of Insanity. Had a baby almost 6 months ago. Right now I weigh 118lbs and im 4'11 but i fluctuate between 116-118lbs. So far I've lost 3 lbs. My abs are getting tighter. Been having one cheat meal a week "/. I'm on a 1200-1300 calorie intake. I drink at least 60+ oz of water each day. I'm also taking whey protein. Some of the exercise I can barely do. Thinking about starting round 2 by the end of the month to see more change. Any tips? Any vitamins, pre/post workout formulas I should be taking?
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support. I don't drink the recovery formula because it is so expensive. I knew that this month would be tough - but this is incredible. After each workout I question if I can really do this.

I need to know if this gets a bit easier. Even just a bit. During the first two weeks of the first month I would lay on the floor and hope that the world would come to an end. Then during the last two weeks I could hang and it felt like such an accomplishment. A couple of time I even gave Tonya a run for her money.

But this week is different. Unlike the first month I question if I can REALLY do this. I am humbled. Desperate. I. MUST. COMPLETE. THE. PROGRAM. But will this be like the first month and get easier as I go along? And did you guys hit this same wall?

Thank you all again!
    Kris

No, it's not different. You felt the exact same way at the beginning of month 1. But that was 5 weeks ago and the closest thing in your memory is how at the end of month 1 you were killing plyo cardio, pure cardio and improving during the week of core cardio & balance. It is just that times 20 right now!

Keep pushing play. You already said you.must.complete.the.program. So do it. You've got this. Add me if you want; I'll push you and I have a heap of Insaniacs on my friends list.

Andplusalso? You have less days left than days you've put in! How's that for a push? You're counting down now! :D
  • sosino
    sosino Posts: 41
    Options
    I've nearly finished week 2 of insanity and feeling tired and sore is part of my day now. Reminds me tomorrow Shaun T gets to break me down again every day he does I pick myself up a little bit stronger and fitter and closer to my goal.

Honestly a lot of peeps said I was mad starting it, I'm nowhere near fit and 260lbs prolly isn't a good weight to start insanity at but I intend to prove everyone of them wrong. Mostly I wanna prove it to myself too.

YOU CAN DO IT! Don't give up.

Feel free to add me if you want a insanity buddy to push you. :)
  • willems2242
    Options
    I know this is an older post but I am hoping for some insight. I am trying to decide whether I want to to try Insanity. I am 24 and I am 5' 3" and I weight 185. A year ago I weight 220 and I feel better but I still don't feel good. I have been doing Hiit on a treadmill and don't feel like I'm getting where I want to go. Do you think someone my size could handle Insanity? Please help!
  • lizmks
    lizmks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I think anyone can do Insanity as long as you pace yourself. I am 5.1 and weigh 162lbs. I am finishing up my official 1st week of insanity. I did 4 days a week for the past 3 weeks to get myself used to it. It hurts like hell but your body get stronger everyday. It used to take me 1hr 6 min to finish the 42min workout when I started, now I finish it in 54 min. I'm definitely heading in the right direction. I had to modify some moves because of my core is weak and my back hurts. There are some exercises I cannot do still, I just do jumping jacks or mountain climbers as an alternative.
    Just bite the bullet and do it. My friend is around the sane weight as you are but she is 5.6, she is doing insanity. I believe you can do it and I say go for it. You won't regret it!!! Good luck.
  • RiCEBUNNiE
    RiCEBUNNiE Posts: 10
    Options
    hey i started insanity when i was around your weight... i think i was bout 190ish?? i'm 5'1... there was some moves i couldnt do so i modified them or i did something else i could do. but, as i got better stronger i guess my body was able to do it.