Diet pill Dilemma?

Options
So my workout partner hasn't logged in two weeks and ditched me at the gym 4 times this week. Our gym closes for cleaning next week and shes talking about taking these "ALL NATURAL" fat burning pills. I feel like that's really stupid especially since we were doing it all natural and losing weight just fine.

I want to tell her she is a moron and not to waste her time or money with putting crap in her body and that if it was really "all natural" she could pick it off a tree and eat it.

But i don't know I've never done pills

So whats your take on it? Have you done diet pills and mfp or bad idea all around?

Replies

• Cuppy0923
    Options
    I have done diet pills before, they are mostly a scam. Everyone wants the easy way out, but when it comes to losing weight there are no short cuts. I wouldn't waste my time or money and pills anymore. Besides there is a reason they put works with good diet and excersie. In order to lose weight you have to stop eating bad and you have to work out. :)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I think this thread gets the "most ignored" award of the day...
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I think this thread gets the "most ignored" award of the day...

(((HUGS)))
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Second time I've seen this post today. I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but is this just YOUR way of finding out which diet pills are good for YOU? =/

I'm sticking with healthy eating rather than replacing food crap with pill crap into my body.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Ephedrine-Caffeine is a great diet pill. its bad for health, but it suppresses your appetite to the point that you wont eat anything even if given food.

Dont take it, it raises your blood pressure, you get addicted to it and it has alot of side effects.

But its the best diet pill because it does what everyone want it to do. suppresses appetite completely
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Any diet pill I've ever seen is like, ground up trees in a pill and it comes with a very strict DIET AND NUTRITION PLAN. So you see it's not the pill that's making you lose weight, it's the diet and exercise of course!

Hell even P90X has a nutrition plan, to lose fat while building muscle.

Sounds like she doesn't want to be healthy or fit, just small. Tell you friend if she's that lazy she should just go get lipo.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    So my workout partner hasn't logged in two weeks and ditched me at the gym 4 times this week. Our gym closes for cleaning next week and shes talking about taking these "ALL NATURAL" fat burning pills. I feel like that's really stupid especially since we were doing it all natural and losing weight just fine.

I want to tell her she is a moron and not to waste her time or money with putting crap in her body and that if it was really "all natural" she could pick it off a tree and eat it.

But i don't know I've never done pills

So whats your take on it? Have you done diet pills and mfp or bad idea all around?

If you can try and find out what pills she is on. Then go and look up the facts surrounding those pills (I mean the REAL facts not the first 2 pages of google results which are sure to be spam bots saying the same thing over and over in regards to the pills). Perhaps if you present the info to your friend she will be responsive and get off the diet pills. You are doing the right thing with going to the gym and working hard to get in better shape. Please do not take any diet pills without a doctor prescribing them to you. Most of the pills out there are not regulated and you could be setting yourself up for some severe problems if you take some of those pills.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I've taken many different ones. They either made me feel horrible or once I stopped taking them (especially appetite suppressants) I started to binge and gained it all back. I honestly don't feel like any of them actually helped me lose weight because there were other factors (eating better and working out) that I was also doing that are proven to work. Not worth the money.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Diet pills have sooo many bad side effects that you end up dieting through fear a friend of mine tried using Ali and every time she ate something that the pills considered too fatty she'd well... she'd need the loo very urgently lets say...

Other then that from what I've researched online its not worth the bother.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Ive taken many diet pills. All natural, full of chemicals and caffeine, etc. They were all a waste of money and I gained more weight than I lost.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have tried quite a few because I'm not going to lie I am lazy :)

Pills I tried:

Calotrine: very expensive, I was on this pill for about 4 months... I lost weight but really only in the chest area (I went from a 38DDD to a 38D) and went down one pant size.

Ripped Fuel x5: My brother-in-law told me about this pill he said he dropped weight fast because he took it before every time he ate. Well the bottle comes with 20 pills and the directions tell you to take it twice a day. I believe my brother-in-law is an idiot so I took it as directed- it did nothing for me at all.

Acai Fat Burn #3: I am currently taking this pill; not because it is working (I don't think I have lost any weight) but it does make me feel fuller longer! The bottle says to take it twice a day before breakfast and lunch.

I have taken all of these bills over the last 2 years. The only thing I have found to work is diet and excerise. (i did weight watchers last october and lost 11 lbs in one month!)

so I have to say don't waste your money honey!
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Diet pills have sooo many bad side effects that you end up dieting through fear a friend of mine tried using Ali and every time she ate something that the pills considered too fatty she'd well... she'd need the loo very urgently lets say...

Other then that from what I've researched online its not worth the bother.

Yeah I've heard that too!! I would be to scared to use it... I have a friend whose whole family went on it and they carried extra underwear around with them.... no thank you!
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Ephedrine-Caffeine is a great diet pill. its bad for health, but it suppresses your appetite to the point that you wont eat anything even if given food.

Dont take it, it raises your blood pressure, you get addicted to it and it has alot of side effects.

But its the best diet pill because it does what everyone want it to do. suppresses appetite completely

Lol at getting addicted to a decongestant and caffeine
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/umyron

this guy has headache everytime he stops taking it. he is still taking it despite he lost the weight.
  • becca_21
    becca_21 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else-- diet pills do nothing for you. Plus, what's the plan? Staying on them forever? It's just stupid. She needs to go to the gym, eat healthy, and make a lifestyle out of it. Shortcuts just don't work when it comes to diet and exercise. In my opinion, if you're going to depend on diet pills, then your health and your body obviously aren't really your top priority. Let her figure it out for herself though- you can't force someone to do something they don't care to do.
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/umyron

this guy has headache everytime he stops taking it. he is still taking it despite he lost the weight.

Do you come to all your conclusions based on that guy? A headache does not equal addiction.. obviously if you just stop taking any amount of caffeine cold turkey without cycling off your going to have some adverse effects but a normal ec stack has about the same amount of caffeine as two cups of coffee.
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You are doing things in a healthy, sustainable way. In the long term you will be healthier and you are building habits that you will need to stay in shape. Be proud of what you are doing it and keep doing it, even if it requires a new workout partner.