I need a little encouragement

Options
I had a baby in Sept 2007. I delievered my 9lb turkey when I weight 267. I'm currently 211. I'm happy about that. But I didn't really start TRYING to lose weight until my 6 week check up. At that check up I weighed 235.8. So it's basically taken me 6 months to lose 25 pounds!!!

It's just so disappoint sometimes when I think about that, when I see people who do nothing, don't work out as much as I do, and eat junk and lose 3 lbs in a week!

I work out 6 days a week a minimum of 45 mins. I do weight training 2 times a week and I eat mostly organic, natural and non processed foods.

I know I'm in a plateau and I know I've also gone down 3 sizes since my 6 week check up. But it's hard some days.

Any enourcagement or advice would be appriciated. Thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Jamariqui
    Jamariqui Posts: 43
    Options
    I had a baby in Sept 2007. I delievered my 9lb turkey when I weight 267. I'm currently 211. I'm happy about that. But I didn't really start TRYING to lose weight until my 6 week check up. At that check up I weighed 235.8. So it's basically taken me 6 months to lose 25 pounds!!!

It's just so disappoint sometimes when I think about that, when I see people who do nothing, don't work out as much as I do, and eat junk and lose 3 lbs in a week!

I work out 6 days a week a minimum of 45 mins. I do weight training 2 times a week and I eat mostly organic, natural and non processed foods.

I know I'm in a plateau and I know I've also gone down 3 sizes since my 6 week check up. But it's hard some days.

Any enourcagement or advice would be appriciated. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Honey, you're right where you're supposed to be! Your achieving a healthy life and weightloss as well...it is a long march and so worth it...be patient...keep your eye on the reward...don't ever compare yourself to anyone else...never give up!
  • lcclane
    lcclane Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm with you! I had a baby in Dec. 2007. After 3-4 months I weighed more than when I was 9 months pregnant. I started going to the gym in Feb. 2008, and I can't remember when I signed up here, I think in April. Since February, I have lost 25 pounds, just got below 200 pounds. I am fighting every day to keep it that way. I have been hovering for a month now, and I am getting frustrated. A friend told me about the dreaded "level off" period. But eventually after your body is used to being where you are now, it will jump start itself. So we'll see if this is true together, because I am stuck too. I remind myself that I feel better mentally and emotionally, so the physical part will happen too!:flowerforyou:
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    you should also remember that although some people may eat whatever they want and never exercise, can you imagine what their heart looks like or their arteries, definitely not as healthy as yours. You are doing amazing! The fact that you're even trying to be healthy is a huge gold star to you!

Keep it up! Push past this plateau! Mix up your workout a little bit. Are you taking any days where you splurge? Maybe try just one day where you eat whatever you want and you do whatever you want. I know with me, that tends to kick my metabolism up a little bit. Good Luck! You can do it! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I agree with Dancer you are doing great. before i started using this site (about 1 month into trying to loose weight) i only lost 6lbs. Since i started 12 weeks ago i have lost 19 a little more than 1lb a week.

Just keep doing what you are doing, track your cals on the site here and watch the lbs come off. you wont be disapointed and will have access to lots of encouragement, ideas and friendships.

Tim
  • LauraDK
    LauraDK Posts: 18
    Options
    You are doing a great job, don't give up everyone hits a plateu but eventually you will get over that "bump in the road". Just keep on thinking how great it feels to fit in a certain outfit you have been wanting to fit in. I am working at fitting in a pair of my favorite jeans. I started this 2 weeks ago and lost almost 4 lbs so far. I have another 24 pounds i want to lose and i am going to do it!!!!

Just stay positive and it will happen!:drinker: