Working out, which do you prefer?

Options
jonwv
jonwv Posts: 362 Member
Working out in a cool room with ac on or slightly warmer?

I myself like turning the ac up to about 73 so i can get a good sweat, when its cooler i dont feel like my workout was as beneficial.

Replies

• dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have my power rack in my garage. I prefer outside in the heat. That way I get out there, get my workout done and then I can go inside and enjoy the a/c. If I did my workout in a/c, I dont think I would push myself as hard.
  • jonwv
    Options
    thats the way i felt the other day when i had the ac blasting
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I feel like I can push harder in ac but falsely feel like I worked harder without it. I'd rather actually do more work than simply perceive to have worked harder
  • jonwv
    Options
    I feel like I can push harder in ac but falsely feel like I worked harder without it. I'd rather actually do more work than simply perceive to have worked harder

Good point :smile:
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer working out in the gym with no ac. Simply because I will push myself harder and plus I love coming off the treadmill in a big pool of sweat too cause it makes me feel like I have totally busted my butt working out.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    At the gym much prefer a cool, comfortable temperature especially when lifting weights.

I play basketball and soccer and a lot of it takes place in non-air conditioned gyms and outdoor pitches which are freezing at times at the moment (currently still in winter) and can be hellishly hot places in summer so I enjoy working out in the AC when I can xD
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I prefer a gym that is nice and cool...sadly my gym isn't. I'm there to work out and lose fat, not water weight. It's annoying.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    From what I gathered from my cardio indoors thread, you're not supposed to ask questions like this. It's offensive.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I do my competitions for 6 hours outdoors in 70-90 degree weather, so why bother with the AC? If I can't keep up with a 90 minute workout, then I'm definitely not up for throwing.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    From what I gathered from my cardio indoors thread, you're not supposed to ask questions like this. It's offensive.

:laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I don't have AC, though I plan to get it. I prefer working out with windows open and fans on me full blast, even in the colder months. I push myself much harder when I'm at a comfortable external body temperature. When it's hot, I think about the heat and the only thought I give to my workout is how soon I can get it over with. When it's cool, my workouts are much more productive.
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am super sensitive to the heat and I always feel like it's too hot at the gym.. I wish they'd keep it a bit cooler. I start to feel overheated and fatigued from getting too hot early in my workout..
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I prefer outdoors. The only time I workout in doors is when I'm doing my heavy weights, other wise I will take dumbbells to the park for my workout, or hike bike or run.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Air conditioning all the way. I don't deal well with heat and have been known in the past to pass out in high heat, not even working hard. Just sitting there.
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

THIS
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like working out with a fan blowing directly on me!!!!!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    my ac is usually blasting at around 76 degrees. which for me and my apartment is pretty nice.
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    i like it warm...i love to sweat when i workout it shows how hard i'm working :)
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter. Either way I sweat like a pig. I will say, though, that when it's hot, my energy level drops much faster. I can workout longer and with more intensity when I'm in the A/C.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    I hate having the ac/fan on when I'm working out. It's either going to be the natural tempo of the room or lower.