40 and F.I.N.A.O!

Options
Feelnpurdy
Feelnpurdy Posts: 13 Member
Today I turn 40. For some people turning a year older just brings more heartache and pain. Foe me 40 has brought me good health, a huge weight loss, and a better appreciation of food and how it can work in my favor for me and not against me. This journey has not been easy. To be honest it has been the hardest thing to do in my life and I will do it all again. Not one re great, not one thought every crossed my mind as to if it was something I should or shouldn't do.

At first I said that I was doing this for my Kids. But I found out that even if I sit around and never lost not one pound they were going to love me anyway. The problem was that I did not love myself at the weight I was. I did not love me enough to take care of myself, and how in the world could I take care of my babies when I could barley walk without loosing my breath. And I hated myself for that. I love my kids soooo much but just not enough to try to stick around to see them grow up because at the rate I was going I would have been dead. So making this change was FOR ME. I just could not see my kids putting me in the grave prematurely because I could not get control of my eating habits. This was not an option. I am in control of my life, and what goes into my mouth. No one has EVER held a gun to me or my children heads and said "if you don't eat this I will kill you and your kids"

But this was exactly what I was doing to myself. And it is so funny because if anyone ever tried to hurt me or my babies they would have a BIG problem on their hands, but here I was doing it to me AND to them! So I attracted my weight loss as if someone was threatening me and my children life, with ANGER!! And that anger has got me a 130 pound weight loss, so now that anger has turn into pure self love!

I will NEVER go back to being that person that threatened my babies lives and mine with the loaded gun of obesity. Its over and I will fight to the death to stay and keep myself healthy!!!

F.I.N.A.O (failure is not a option)

Replies

• back4good
    back4good Posts: 17
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing your inspiring story and have a wonderful birthday!!
  • Feelnpurdy
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

Great job!
  • el_chango
    el_chango Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Your picture is amazing!! Great job!! Happy birthday :D
  • DMZH78
    DMZH78 Posts: 42
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! And SOOOOO SOOOOO VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!! That is a lot of weight to loss and you are a shinning example that it can be done!
  • Feelnpurdy
    Options
    Thank you guys so much my 40 feels like 20!
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Happy 40th!!!! Congratulations on your weight loss, you look fantastic.
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story...and seems I can relate to very well too! Congratulations on your enormous weight loss... Most definitely Failure is Not an Option!
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your victory! I am loving my 40s so far...
  • Feelnpurdy
    Options
    Thank you for that!
  • DeeMcG11
    DeeMcG11 Posts: 21
    Options
    Congratulations! And Happy Birthday :smile:
  • cdhardison
    cdhardison Posts: 16
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I know it was a tough fight but you won, CONGRATULATIONS!
  • adila1979
    adila1979 Posts: 38
    Options
    Happy birthday! What a very inspirational story! Thank you so much for sharing! Cheers :)
  • Feelnyoung
    Options
    Very motivating! Thanks for sharing.
  • Jenyphur
    Jenyphur Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I loved your story! Thanks for sharing. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!