Another diet plan...

Options
...that I'm actually serious about. I've always thought of myself as a healthy person, but just last year I needed to have my gallbladder taken out and discovered that I not only have high blood pressure but also kidney troubles--I'm only 23! So now it's time to really start knuckling down and I've heard for years how important it is to write down what you eat.

So here's to one more try!

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    so.. whats your plan?
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    ...that I'm actually serious about. I've always thought of myself as a healthy person, but just last year I needed to have my gallbladder taken out and discovered that I not only have high blood pressure but also kidney troubles--I'm only 23! So now it's time to really start knuckling down and I've heard for years how important it is to write down what you eat.

So here's to one more try!

Welcome! and You can do it!!! Feel Free to add me for support!! :)
  • rach41413
    rach41413 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have only been at this for a couple months, but have seen big changes in my health...blood pressure down, pulse down, and who knows what will be improved at my next physical. Not to mention I feel so much better in general!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It really helps to approach it with a mental attitude of lifestyle change instead of a diet plan.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    so.. whats your plan?

To use MFP to track what she eats?
  • tarakizer
    Options
    Food journaling is so very important! I plan on doing it for a year after I hit my goal weight.

Good luck!
  • MrsAmySchoener
    Options
    I'm doing Visalus shakes and I have to say I've lost 6 lbs in two weeks and 11"!! I drink two a day along with healthy snack! I would send you the link for information, but it wont let me.. You can add me and then I can send it :)
  • MuscleJunkieK8
    Options
    Feel free to add me, :) Support is something that MFP people know how to do. I hope your healthy lifestyle changes make you a new better YOU! -kaitlyn
  • Sage4041
    Sage4041 Posts: 13
    Options
    Starting off with yoga everyday to work up to a more vigorous program. Eons ago I did the 90 day fitness challenge, but it's been so long that I'd absolutely die if I went back to that right away.

As for diet: the dreaded soda must go.