Happy Hour.. Help!

Jennwith2ns
Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I have done really good with food since I started. I am going to happy hour tomorrow night for a co-worker that is moving. Any suggestions? I don't really like wine.. I usually just get 1 martini if I am driving. But when I looked up an apple martini.. one result was 180 calories, the other around 250.. do either of these sound right?

Any other suggestions?

Replies

• Bacardi and Diet Coke or Vodka and Tonic are both pretty lo cal options.
  • Sadly, those sound about right. I like to do a rum and diet coke. Only about 65-70 cals from the shot of rum, and yummy, too!
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Ok, thanks! I think I will do an extra workout in the morning so I can fit it in without having to go without food during the day.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    wine has a lot of calories for the little that you get to consume. If you like beer, light beer is pretty good. Or if you want something stronger, go for a vodka tonic or vodka soda water with lime. Tasty and not too much damage!
  • thecheese
    thecheese Posts: 51 Member
    I actually think that you might want to go with club soda instead of tonic. Tonic has 90 calories and club soda has 0. If you go with a club and your choice of liquor then you should ask for a tall. It has more liquid(more soda not liquor as most bars have a standard pour amount). You can ask them to make it in a soda glass with lime lemon which will make it more satisfying if you like them. Diet soda has shown to increase appetite in some studies. IDK A stirrer straw slows down the amount you drink also in lieu of a reg straw.
  • mdale2
    mdale2 Posts: 79
    Red wine is the hands down winner in terms of actual nutritive value vs. calories. Most grain alcohols are akin to sugar - if you have them, go clear. Vodka & club isn't a bad choice, though. Nor is a gin and diet tonic.

Beer...ah, what can I say, I do love a good beer here and there. If you do have beer, try a Guinness. 125 calories and it's quite filling.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Vodka Club all the way...ask for extra lemon and lime in it so it tastes more like a sugarless sprite.

NO TONIC WATER. You might as well get a regular beer (=200 cals)
  • tanzmitpalmer
    tanzmitpalmer Posts: 124 Member
    If they're the sort of place that has sugar free Red Bull... I'd hit that. Vodka and Red Bull FTW!
This discussion has been closed.