Finally my turn :)

Options
I'm not quite there, but I feel like I'm really close to where I want to be. I was always a small person. Never had to worry about what I ate until after I had my first baby. Then I had 2 more kids and I eventually got up to 197 pounds. Not cool! I had never had to diet or exercise, so I had no idea HOW to do it. I tried weight watchers first, but I was starving all the time, so I tried Nutrisystem (I think that's what it's called) OMG, the food was so gross I couldn't even choke it down. I tried pretty much everything out there for a "fast fix" Slim Fast, pills, ect, ect. You name it, I bet I tried it! Eventually my aunt and mom started on Atkins and had wonderful results, so I tried it and lost a lot of weight fast. Loved the way I felt, loved the way I looked, but I stopped and went on carb overload and gained most of it back. I'm not sure what eventually made me get back on it, but I am not on Atkins again and have lost 48 pounds. I will never go back to my old habits and ways of eating. I am now running a few times a week and we just joined our local YMCA and I have been taking some of their classes. I ran my first 5k about a month or so ago and crossing that line gave me a feeling I cannot even explain. If I had been about to puke and pass out at the same time, I would have broken into tears! I am currently signed up for 2 more 5k's that are coming up in the next few months, and for the one in October I may just run the 10k! We'll see...

Anyway, here are my before and after pics.... This is the picture that made me realize I needed to do something. I had no idea I had let myself get that huge.

Hopefully this works...never done this...

The second pic is me at about 147 or 148 pounds.

63237_1657908380030_7188003_n-1.jpg

319825_10151036621700726_1771462258_n.jpg

Replies

• downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Great work!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference! You look fab! Grats on such a big loss!
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • stephyj528
    stephyj528 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    wow! you STILL look great but im sure you feel so much better! you look so happy :) congrats
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I cant see your pics as I am at work but will look as soon as I get a chance Im sure you look awesome!!
    I know I am proud to call you my friend here..
    Yeah!!
  • wranglerwomen
    wranglerwomen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing your story!! i weigh 192 right now and started at 197, you make me feel like there is hope! how long did it take to loss your weight? and CONGRATS!
  • Allie1025
    Options
    SOOOOOOOO incredibly proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look amazing!!!!!!!! Not only are you my sister-in-law and my friend but you are also my inspiration!!!!!!

Love you and GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!! :)
  • Carolyn1012
    Carolyn1012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Do you mind me asking what your long-term plan is for carbs? Are you staying low carb for the rest of your life? I've always wondered about going off low-carb diets how exactly that works.

Your little girl might be crying but oh my goodness is she a cutie!
  • jl622
    jl622 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good job! You look great! :happy:
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I plan on staying low carb forever, but I will eventually go back to sweet potatoes and add some carbs in every so often. Even some of the biggest Atkins weight loss advocates have oatmeal and rice a few times a week. I do feel like carbs are the devil, though :) If I do have popcorn, chips, candy or coke I feel like crap. Not sure how I'd feel if I had rice or oatmeal, maybe I'll be fine with those, but the others make me so sick that I throw up sometimes. Not worth the cheat.

I honestly don't know how long it took me, because I yo-yoed so much. 6 months? 9 months? A year? Something like that, but it IS possible! Thanks for all the congrats!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    thats amazing, you look awesome!!

how tall are you by the way?
  • MarkAWhipple
    MarkAWhipple Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You are ridiculously adorable. You've done a fantastic job! It's inspiring!
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Great job! I was always super skinny-effortlessly- til around the time I got married. IT is very hard to make that mental change and realize you can't just eat whatever you want anymore, that you have to actually think about what you are eating and *gasp* work out! :)
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats!!!! :D
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!
  • Thaliafitchick
    Options
    wow! thats awesome! keep it up :)
  • RebeccaBryant23
    RebeccaBryant23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wonderful results! You look awesome.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I'm glad you realized what needed doing at a young age. The older you get the harder it is! Great pictures, great results. Keep it up.
  • nly1972
    nly1972 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!