A question for the other women out there...

Does anyone else have serious trouble with PMS when it comes to dieting? xD I know I do.

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Dieting, no. Crying, yes :sad:

I cry at everything when I have PMS :laugh:
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    I do feel the urge to eat more and in bigger quantities when it comes to junk food and other things that I know won't be good for me in the long run.
  • jrs5444
    jrs5444 Posts: 86
    Serious trouble with PMS when it comes to dieting, no. Serious trouble with dieting when it comes to PMS? Definitely! Especially the week before =P
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    I used to be awful, but as I get further into this it has become easier. Self control is what it all comes down too. I know that sometimes I wake up at 3am with a feeling of really "wanting a cookie" but dont do it, I go pee and get a drink of water and go back to bed.
    no worries, it will get better.
  • Jeebs71
    Jeebs71 Posts: 41
    I always either don't lose anything or gain that week :o(
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    PMS makes me a raging b"tch

Being hungry makes me a demon

Come PMS time when I'm losing weight and dieting... Lord have mercy anybody that crosses me. :laugh:
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    sometimes, I'm not a huge eater, at least not in the evening and sometimes I just can't help myself during PMS. But I usually just stick to one of my favorites and calories be damned. I find that if I just give in the first time around I will eat less calories. So I usually just go for peanut butter and jelly toast. Makes me feel homey and better and ends the cravings and neediness.

But I usually don't let one day bother me too much. I have a serious chocolate addiction, and frankly I'd rather skip meals than give up chocolate entirely. So I usually don't have to worry too much about cravings.

My take is you probably just need to figure out the lowest calorie cheat that will satisfy you and give yourself a break.
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Yea I want to eat everything in my path, I want to run through a wall, I want to kill everyone, every noise agitates me and all I want to do is curl up in a corner and be left alone,it is sheer hell for me when I have PMS!:angry::explode: :grumble: :cry: :sad: :yawn:
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 438 Member
    Yes and yes to the crying as well. In fact I found PMS to be such a huge interference with my life that I talked to my OBGYN about it and she put me on continuous dosing birth control with Nuvaring. I had already been using Nuvaring, but now instead of taking it out after a month and leaving it out for 7 days, I take it out after a month and immediately put a new one in. I do this for three consecutive months, then leave it out for 4 days before starting a new one. Therefore, I only have to deal with Flo 4 times a year, for like 3 days each time. It has helped immensely!!!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yes and yes to the crying as well. In fact I found PMS to be such a huge interference with my life that I talked to my OBGYN about it and she put me on continuous dosing birth control with Nuvaring. I had already been using Nuvaring, but now instead of taking it out after a month and leaving it out for 7 days, I take it out after a month and immediately put a new one in. I do this for three consecutive months, then leave it out for 4 days before starting a new one. Therefore, I only have to deal with Flo 4 times a year, for like 3 days each time. It has helped immensely!!!
    FDA is in the process of recalling Nuvaring because it's caused cervical cancer in a number of women. Just thought you might want to know.
  • Melthrash
    Melthrash Posts: 36 Member
    I sometimes crave sugar right around then. Not always but when I do, it's like I must eat it.
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    I have found as I have lost weight I have started to get PMS and other symptoms bloating, cravings etc. which I never had before. Not exactly sure why but it has gotten worse as I have lost weight maybe my GYN will have some info at my checkup.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    No. I don't make excuses.
  • Does anyone else have serious trouble with PMS when it comes to dieting? xD I know I do.

I do but I didn't let it win this week. I won the battle. I wasn't easy, I cried, I was pissy but I did it!
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 438 Member
    FDA is in the process of recalling Nuvaring because it's caused cervical cancer in a number of women. Just thought you might want to know.

Ohhh isn't that fantastic. Thanks for letting me know--I hadn't heard anything about it. I will look into this some more.
  • I take birth control to help control my cycle and about a week before...I get serious PMS for like...2 weeks xD It's awful! I crave things like crazy!
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    I get lots of carby cravings. But I also gain at least 6 lbs in water retention. Yuck!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I don't get an urge to eat.

I get an urge to kill.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    nope....not really, chocolate becomes more appealing but I just account for it. I don't get cramps or bloating or anything like that.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    No. I don't make excuses.

I like you.