Olympics 2012 - Team GB

Options
Kebabmeatchips
Kebabmeatchips Posts: 32 Member
Wow - what a couple of days for Team GB, cant believe we now 4th overall on table (3rd for total medals), not bad for a small island off the coast of Europe :p

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/medals/countries/great-britain

Whats everyones highlights so far?

For me its Peter Wilson's Gold in Shooting double tap, and wining both gold and silver in the Canoe Slalom.

Cycling for us is the dominance of amount of golds is getting as boring now as the amount of golds for swimming for the US - so almost too predictable. I think the golds on the lesser known (not as glamorous sports) are allot more enjoyable.

Long may it continue!!

Replies

• pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the Bronze in Gymnastics, but my hours at work mean I miss most of it so granted I have only seen a little bit! But I am going to see Team GB in the football tomorrow and start working at one of the venues from Monday so will hopefully be more involved from then, and might even get a glimpse of some of the events!
  • Kebabmeatchips
    Options
    Just got back from first visit at the Olympic Park (luckily don't live very far away) it really is massive, and a really good atmosphere mixing with people from all over the world there. Great stuff and going back later this week.

Another couple of great days for Team GB having gone by, cant believe we 3rd now on the medals table!

Go on Team GB!!!
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    I'm not a big sports fan so only watch it when someone else puts it on. I've seen us win most of our golds though- and I loved the cycling (the one with 3 women). I feel so proud!
    I live quite near Stratford but haven't been there during the Olympics. They closed Westfields :noway:
  • Kebabmeatchips
    Options
    I've seen us win most of our golds though- and I loved the cycling (the one with 3 women). I feel so proud!

Totally agree, and another master class in cycling today, Sir Chris Hoy claiming his 6th Olympic Gold, what a legend and nice way to bow out on top!

The future also looks bright for the women, with Laura Trott also getting a second Gold today at the grand age of 20 :happy: