wow...

Options
I have been logging my food on MFP for three days now. All I can say is wow. I am amazed at how many calories I eat every day. And I"ve been trying to eat better than usual the last few days! If I had logged my calories around the holidays, I probably would have broken the 5,000 mark on those days!!!

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I hear ya.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I know its corny but, the only thing you can do now is not look back and move forward. Just think about how good you'll feel after making those steps toward a healthier you!
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    It really makes you think, doesn't it? It made me a cry the first couple days that I was logging. Now that I am getting back on track, I am more used to it, but it definetly makes you think before you put anything in your mouth! I now ask myself - "Do I really want to see this come up on MFP?"
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I know! I don't even want to think about how many calories I was eating around the holidays. I had half a pan of fudge one day! Sweets are my big weakness, but since I started this (12/27) I've been doing pretty well not eating them.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! Knowing that whatever I put in my mouth will have to be logged on MFP makes me think twice. I am only 1 week in but already feeling more in control. It's funny how this is all connected. When my food intake and health is under control, the rest of my life is more in control. Keep going! Those extra holiday pounds will be gone in no time! See you in the forums!
    S
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    That exact feeling was what has prompted me to change my eating habits! Once I started logging my food on here, I couldn't believe how many calories I was putting in my mouth!! I love Potbelly's cookies, but once I realized they are around 600 calories each, I thought twice about how much I really wanted one. The thing that makes me gasp is that I see people I work with eat 2 or 3 of them...yikes! Or, another one that was super surprising to me was my favorite meal at Chili's. The chicken crisper meal is my absolute favorite and I used to eat it in one sitting, but then I looked it up and it's something like 1800 calories!! :cry: My coworkers groan when they ask if I want to order food and I respond by looking up the nutritional content of the restaurant they are going to before I answer, but there is no way I'm logging that kind of meal on MPF!
  • jacigettingfit
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments, guys! It's such a relief to know that I'm not the only one who has had that moment of "Oh, wow, do I really eat that much..." It's a tough moment, but it seems like it's a necessary one to have (for me, at least). Congratulations on all of your weight loss so far, everybody--it looks like all of you are doing really great!!!
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    That exact feeling was what has prompted me to change my eating habits! Once I started logging my food on here, I couldn't believe how many calories I was putting in my mouth!! I love Potbelly's cookies, but once I realized they are around 600 calories each, I thought twice about how much I really wanted one. The thing that makes me gasp is that I see people I work with eat 2 or 3 of them...yikes! Or, another one that was super surprising to me was my favorite meal at Chili's. The chicken crisper meal is my absolute favorite and I used to eat it in one sitting, but then I looked it up and it's something like 1800 calories!! :cry: My coworkers groan when they ask if I want to order food and I respond by looking up the nutritional content of the restaurant they are going to before I answer, but there is no way I'm logging that kind of meal on MPF!

I do the same thing! No way am I ending up at a resturant with no nutritional info available! The other trick I learned is to ask them to bring you the doggie bag when they bring your plate. Immediately put half your meal away, and set it on a chair where you can't see it. You will be amazed - you only eat half, but you are full! It's very visual - seeing the food makes you want to it, so take it away from your line of site!
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    ye been there done that but if i think about the past then ill never achieve what i wanna achieve so like some have said move forward and start fresh

when i started here i was amazed like yourself about how much i consume so thanks to MFP i have changed how much i take in and im makin progress and its great to not feel ur alone in doing so

good luck with gettin to your goal we are all here for u :flowerforyou:
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    I gained ten lbs during the month of December, damn cookies.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments, guys! It's such a relief to know that I'm not the only one who has had that moment of "Oh, wow, do I really eat that much..." It's a tough moment, but it seems like it's a necessary one to have (for me, at least). Congratulations on all of your weight loss so far, everybody--it looks like all of you are doing really great!!!

You are DEFINITELY NOT alone! :noway: I also felt the same way when I came to MFP and saw just EXACTLY HOW MUCH I was putting into my mouth every day! Once I started "working with my numbers" through better food choices (MOST of the time! :laugh: ) getting some exercise, and drinking lots of water, the weight started coming off! :bigsmile: I LOVED the feeling of being in control of my eating, and NOT the other way around! :wink: