Newbie Running Question.

Options
This may be a dumb question but......I am doing the C25K program, and am about to start week 4 (this weekend will be my first day on week 4). Well, I ran this morning, but, I've had such a stressful day thinking about going on another run tonight. (not the C25K one, just a stress relief run. Would I be pushing my luck as a newbie runner going twice in one day?

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    As long as you feel good and nothing is hurting, I would say: go for it!
  • BetterMike
    BetterMike Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you feel up to it do it! I wouldn't recommend doing that all the time until you're further along but sure once in a while isn't likely to be a problem.

Good job getting out there.
  • mommamisty823
    Options
    Thanks guys.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    As long as you feel good and nothing is hurting, I would say: go for it!

I agree.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I would think it would be ok - just make sure you stretch out after both runs ( I would think particularity the first one but the second one as well). also make sure you warm up before second on -listen to your legs as well - if you feel any niggles stop :-) Just take it easy and enjoy it though :-)
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I recently completed C25K. I would say as long as you stretch well before and after, you will be fine. Way to go!!
  • samcorvus
    samcorvus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a modified C25K. Basically I'm doing the program thrice daily everyday for the week. I just finished my second workout on day two of week one. So far nothing's fallen off....
  • mommamisty823
    Options
    I'm doing a modified C25K. Basically I'm doing the program thrice daily everyday for the week. I just finished my second workout on day two of week one. So far nothing's fallen off....

lol, good to know.
  • ktb1962
    ktb1962 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree as long as you warm up and stretch well before and after. I just started my second run with the program this week. I completed it and ran a few 5ks in 2010/2011. Good luck!! :)
  • mikejacobs1958
    Options
    Remember to listen to your body, no program can tell you when enuf is enuf.

(From an old man who has run 105 full marathons)
    Mike :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

I bow down to you... awesome!
    :drinker:
  • mommamisty823
    Options

I bow down to you... awesome!
    :drinker:

Wow! very impressive.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

Spoken as a true addict! Wow!
  • wingshooter2004
    Options
    This may be a dumb question but......I am doing the C25K program, and am about to start week 4 (this weekend will be my first day on week 4). Well, I ran this morning, but, I've had such a stressful day thinking about going on another run tonight. (not the C25K one, just a stress relief run. Would I be pushing my luck as a newbie runner going twice in one day?

As others have said, just take it easy and listen to your body and you should be fine. The purpose of my reply is to warn you that if you are wanting to run 2 times in one day, you are at risk of becoming a running addict. :-)
  • mommamisty823
    Options

As others have said, just take it easy and listen to your body and you should be fine. The purpose of my reply is to warn you that if you are wanting to run 2 times in one day, you are at risk of becoming a running addict. :-)

I'm loving the endorphins, and the feeling, I even don't mind being all sweaty. I work full time, have a 40 minute commute to and from work, and then a toddler to case around. It's one of the few things that I do for me.