honey orange muffins

Options
mygrl4meee
mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
I am going to give you a recipe that I tried and put into mfp recipe section. They came out to over 200 calories. Can anyone help me make it less?
1/2 cup of oj. I used a brand that has 1/2 sugar and calories
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup butter recipe calls for margerine but we only use butter
1/2 cup egg subsitute. I used fit&active brand
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

To make mix dry stuff and in another bowl mix wet stuff and bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes. I thought they were good and want to do more homemade stuff but thought calorie count was high. Anyone have ideas to tak at least 75 calories off per muffin. It made 12. I froze some to not feel like we must eat them all up in a day or so.

Replies

• Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It's cake. Cake is high calories unless you substitute all the joy out of it. Make half sized ones next time
  • mygrl4meee
    Options
    Thanks. I think next time I make them I will try to get a dozen and half out of the batter.
  • PaigeJMP
    PaigeJMP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    make them smaller! 12 large muffins make 36 mini muffins. cut the butter in half, and add it back in unsweetened apple sauce. there you go. then divide the recipe into 36 servings.:smile:
  • mygrl4meee
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions.
  • TheMalamute
    TheMalamute Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They say you can substitute butter with apples sauce. If you are trying to reduce calories try unsweetened and see what happens. I believe its a 1 to 1 ratio. You can google it to make sure.