New to Site is anyone using the FitBit Ultra Monitor?

Options
2»

Replies

• craftykat12
    craftykat12 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love mine, when you do something and it don't count it as steps, you just put in what you did it & it will give you the calories that you burn. I love that it talks to MFP.
  • psap76
    psap76 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lots of great information. Thanks for all the input, it looks like a FitBit Ultra is in my future. :smile:
  • psap76
    psap76 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    To those that have one did you buy it online or is there a chain store that carries it?
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    The fitbit sounds like a pedometer. I got a good one for $21, which is a fraction of what the fitbit costs.

I've been thinking of getting a fitbit too, but reading these responses, I'm starting to have second thoughts.

Is there something out there than can give you all the cals burned in a day?

??? It does give you all the cals burned in one day as you never take it off, not even when sleeping.
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love mine. If you end up getting one, feel free to add me: http://www.fitbit.com/user/23C26J
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I found them at best buy. Not all stores have em. The clerk can look it up and see which stores have them.

I ordered mine on this website free shipping same price as the store
  • cheryl5115
    cheryl5115 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Love mine. Bought at best buy also.
  • jbosick80
    jbosick80 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine (not as much as my husband but pretty close) It is great that it sync's with MFP so it makes it easy to combine activity/food all with one product really. If anything it allows me to actually see how much/little I move in a day. It is amazing for me how little I was actually moving before getting this it makes me WANT to work out. Feel free to add me here & there if you end up getting one.

http://www.fitbit.com/user/23HPP5
  • bixa
    bixa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I too use a FitBit. At first I wasn't terribly impressed. It didn't motivate me to change my habits at all. When I first started wearing it (I've had it for about a month) I was only getting a very low average of 2500 steps per day (unless it was a gym day). It really woke me up to how sedentary I am. Without consciously trying to, I upped that amount to an average of 4000 steps per day. Seeing that increase has actually been very motivating for me. My new goal is 5000 steps per day, which will be double the steps from where I started. I know that eventually I'll hit 10,000 steps. Now, I like the FitBit very much and I'm constantly trying to sneak more steps in. I find myself pacing, parking really far, and going on the occasional walk.

However, I don't really pay attention to the amount of calories the FitBit says I've burned. I'm sure it's fairly accurate, but I'm more concerned about overal activity levels and moving more. I really like the syncing with MFP, it's nice to see that I've walked enough throughout the day to have an extra beer or something.

I've also connected to Earndit. It's been less than a week since I joined, but I like it so far. I find it motivates to move a little more so I can earn points and redeem them for stuff.

Oh, and the website is nice. You can see your peak active times, as well as a bunch of graphs like intake v. burn, etc.

I have no friends on the FitBit website (and only one stranger-friend on here, haha), but if you decide to join, here's my profile:

http://www.fitbit.com/user/23GVW6

P.S. I bought mine on Amazon.
  • KayeG79
    KayeG79 Posts: 37
    Options
    I've had my fitbit for a year now and I love it! I too, bought at Best Buy. I had read reviews on the fitbit site and read a lot of bad reviews with their customer service. Bought it at BB and got their warranty for an extra $8. I prefer that cause Best Buy gives me no hassles, they juts replace as long as you purchased the warranty. Worth the money to not have to deal with the hassle.
  • bollinger61
    Options
    I have been using a Fitbit Ultra since the end of April. I LOVE it! I was using a regular pedometer for a few months previous to the Fitbit. I also have the Aria (scale). Not sure what questions you may have, but definitely wanted to pass along how terrific I feel the Fitbit Ultra is.
  • dfair1967
    Options
    Bestbuy stores carry them.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Fitbit users, is there an option to turn OFF the auto-synching? A sort of "airplane mode," if you will? I am very interested, but can't have any devices that transmit at work. Not sure they'd even let me use it if I could turn the transmit function off, but if I can disable that, then I'll sure petition for it!
  • PastryWizKid
    PastryWizKid Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i have one didnt like it because it wasn't what i was looking for i was looking for more of a heart rate monitor so now its sitting collecting dust -_- wish i didnt waste my money prolly gonna sell it on ebay or something but it is pretty accurate
  • dfair1967
    Options
    The fitbit has encouraged me to once get 50,000 steps in a day whereas I usually get 25,000 to 30,000 on most work days.
  • marcoscu
    marcoscu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I use the Fitbit Ultra and it really s very good, not so much as a pedometer but as the front end to their very comprehensive website which interacts with MFP to seamlessly pass data back and forth and keeps both in sync, but also a motivator. You may find you seldom look at the Fitbit itself but it is there all the time working away.
    It is well worth the money.