Just Not Hungry!

Options
For the past week or so, I'm just not hungry, at all. And I try to force myself to eat something, but it just doesn't happen! Has anyone else had this problem??

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I recently had this! I was about 4 weeks into MFP, and during the week of my TOM, I was eating NON STOP. The week following this, my appetite was non existent, and I just did not eat very much. Well it ended up coming back the next week. It may just be hormonal fluctuations.
  • ChelseaGoneAwry
    ChelseaGoneAwry Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I recently had this! I was about 4 weeks into MFP, and during the week of my TOM, I was eating NON STOP. The week following this, my appetite was non existent, and I just did not eat very much. Well it ended up coming back the next week. It may just be hormonal fluctuations.

That's interesting... I did just have my TOM last week, and I ate a lot then, so maybe I'm going through the same thing! Thanks! :)
  • Thaelvyn
    Thaelvyn Posts: 67
    Options
    Hey, I also experienced this on my 2nd or third week of MFP. I could barely go above 900 cals. it came back gradually, and I remember posting on this forum asking for advice like you did.

The feedback I got was mixed. One group was saying, if you are not hungry, don't eat, another group was saying: force yourself at least to 1200 at a bare minimum.

It only lasted for week then I plateau'ed for a month. I have just switched to another style of diet and calorie intake/distribution and I am at 2 pounds lost in 2 days, not feeling tired, not feeling hungry, just great.

Good luck reaching your goal!
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Embrace it.

Or work out some more so you'll kick up your appetite.
  • ChelseaGoneAwry
    ChelseaGoneAwry Posts: 53 Member
    Options

It only lasted for week then I plateau'ed for a month. I have just switched to another style of diet and calorie intake/distribution and I am at 2 pounds lost in 2 days, not feeling tired, not feeling hungry, just great.

Good luck reaching your goal!

Thanks! And what are you doing that's got you losing 2 pounds in 2 days?? I need in on that!
  • Thaelvyn
    Thaelvyn Posts: 67
    Options
    Well, I was stuck, so changed a lot of my habits. I was previously eating a lot of fruits, proteins and little carbs/fat moderate amount of water: didn't work.

I then found that book from Dr Clay, by googling if sweeteners were triggering insulin. The answer that guy was giving was very good (he had gone through a lot of research to provide the answer), so I assumed his book might not be a scam, and honestly, it isn't. It is really free and full of useful information. So following his book, I decided to split my meals into 6 portions instead of 3, I am eating a bit of everything but avoiding fruits and sugars now. and do the exercise he recommends. So far so good really, I am impressed. And it is much easier than trying to diet and be hungry all the time.